RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 40 of 92 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Good to see it's finally resolving. A little pro-active intervention has done far more than the pot stirring from people who aren't even involved has, go figure. Good luck, Stew. Let us know how it fits. Look forward to seeing some pics when it's all done. Don't forget to post a vendor review under vendor ratings when all is said and done.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Ed,

You're a good friend to have. I'm sure your efforts helped get this moved along. It restores my faith in people to see folks like yourself doing kind acts for others they haven't even met. Kudos to you.
for sure...ditto....you certainly went the extra mile darkstar - and did far far more for the vendors involved, than they did for themselves!!

fingers crossed for you stew......

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Let's keep an eye to see this through, and stew is happy and the vendors reputation restored. Not to mention the selfless efforts of darkstar.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Let's keep an eye to see this through, and stew is happy and the vendors reputation restored. Not to mention the selfless efforts of darkstar.
Oh, I am keeping both eyes on target. The parts are in G&S Cycles hands right now and today they are double checking/confirming fitment prior to shipping out to Stew....

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Another update on the wheels, this is the last email I received from G&S cycles.
Stewart,

After countless phone calls and emails, along with our friend Ed "Darkstar" acting as a representative on our behalf, we finally got your hub in. We mocked up the whole unit and made sure it all fit. Greg only supplied us with a big piece of axle spacer stock, so we had to cut it down and machine your spacers ourselves (we're going to supply you with the left over piece, just in case). Your new Hub assembly will be complete along with a MATCHING PULLEY (thanks to us). Your parts will be going out on Tuesday, as it is a Holiday weekend in the U.S. and the postal service is closed until then. We will forward you a tracking number once it ships.

Hopefully now this whole ordeal can finally come to rest.

Sincerely,

Peter & Eric

G&S Cycles Inc.

So this is what I received today, so unless you guys in the U.S. call a pulley something different to what we do here in Australia, I am not seeing a MATCHING PULLEY (thanks to them). Also I never did receive the tracking number which they said they sent and we're going to forward again today and have still not received it.
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1370404392.572743.jpg

And this is how the drive side hub arrived, obviously zero quality control. Who in the right mind would ever let that leave there workshop.
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1370404349.418836.jpg

So to sum it up I now no longer have a Cush drive (thanks to greg at thomoson performance stuffing up again) but Darkstar has assured me that a non Cush drive hub is ok.

Obviously I have not tried to fit everything yet but I will on Saturday so I will keep you posted in the saga of the wheels which took 12 months to complete, if the rear actually fits.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
:confused: :eek:

Stew, I feel for you bro...........

Over here, we would say your situation is a complete boorach.

Shame on G&S Cycles.

Gav.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wow. I think this has confirmed the idea for me that I will either machine myself a hub for a Harley wheel, or get a Raider wheel and adapt it to fit. Can you show us some pics of it all going together when you get to it?

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
boy that wheel has done some miles on its tod!! - i'm still gobsmacked ....but really is the warrior ok without the cush drive!!?? - i thought it was to help relieve pressure on the belt and drive generally

i hope mr thompson has a proper job !!

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
I don't know what to say to you Stew to make you feel any better about this whole ordeal....totally speechless over here. My apologies to you for the folks who did not meet your expectations as they should have. If there is anything else I may do, please do not hesitate to contact me via PM and you know I will take a little ride to Greggs place or chat with G&S......just let me know.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I don't know what to say to you Stew to make you feel any better about this whole ordeal....totally speechless over here. My apologies to you for the folks who did not meet your expectations as they should have. If there is anything else I may do, please do not hesitate to contact me via PM and you know I will take a little ride to Greggs place or chat with G&S......just let me know.
Thanks Ed but no need for you to apologise, you have gone above and beyond what anyone should have to do, and I really do appreciate it. I think I am going to leave it where it is at the moment with G&S and Thomoson, I just really don't want to communicate with incompetent people any more.

I have a friend over here which a lot of you may know as Heff, he is an engineer and he is going to do some work on this hub i have just received, he is going to cut it down so the Cush drive will be able to be bolted to it. (Not that I am doubting your word Ed I just feel the Cush drive should be there to take some shock out of the drive.) thankfully Heff has a spare swing arm so we can mock it up in that to get it sitting perfect.

I will take photo's of it when it is all in so everyone can see. And I am sure a lot of you will say " you waited 12 months for just that" and believe me you would be right cause I am asking myself the same thing, they are just a 5 spoke black powder coated rim nothing flash at all.

I appreciate everyone's input and support and I guess I could have gotten more upset and angrier but really what's the point, they knew they had me over a barrel being half a world away, it is not like I could just ride down and argue with them.

The ironic thing is about 6 months after I bought these wheels I found a guy over here about 40 minutes away who would widen my rear wheel for $700 in 2 to 3 weeks. Perhaps I will get my midnight wheel widened by him so hopefully I don't go through this again.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
8,344 Posts
Stew it's good to see that you'll be on the road again and that Heff will engineer the Yami cush hub for the new rear wheel.

FYI and not to add fuel to the fire the only after market rear Warrior wheel that came with a cushioned hub was the forged wheel by Carrozzeria and one member that comes to mind was mdfdwarrior. It was a proprietary design that had pressed bushing like the top triple tree riser bushings and nothing like the OEM hub. I've seen their wheel several years ago at the IMS bike show.

Other than that the RC Components rear billet wheel is w/o a cushion hub on all Warrior applications. midnight_run is a member that 1st comes to mind and i've ridden with Erik several times and know for fact it has none!

Lots of luck

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Thanks for updating us on the outcome. I wish there was more that we could do this assist. But thanks to you, hopefully no one else will have to repeat your experience.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Stew, don't forget to post a review in the vendor review forum.

For all you non involved pot stirrers. Keep in mind that the vendors in this thread are not site approved vendors. There is little the forum can do when you deal with companies that are not site vendors. Darkstar went far above and beyond to help a fellow forum member out. But just like in the real world, it's buyer beware. This is what we have the vendor review forum.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Absolutly Incredible

As a lot of you know I have been waiting for rear hubs so I can install my rear wheel, Well they arrived last week and today I tried to fit them, Everything looked like it was going ok until I went to put the rear belt pulley on and guess what.......IT DOESN'T FIT........ These hubs were supposedly test fitted to a bike to make sure they are correct before they came to me, What a load of crap. They actually have hammer marks on the drive hub, I have not heard G&S Cycles excuse for this yet but I am sure it will be (It wasn't like that when we wrapped them). When are the moderators of this forum actually going to start standing up for the members. Isn't the USA the land of FREE speech???

So far 2 of my threads have been shut down or locked so as not to upset the vendors I am guessing.

I have tried to be a nice person through all of this and now that is going to stop.

It will be interesting to see just how long it takes to shut this thread down, Or if the people in charge have the balls to let it run, I bet they don't.

I am trying to think of what steps will be taken to shut me up this time.

Now I am Pissed off...

21 - 40 of 92 Posts