RS Warrior Forum banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,166 Posts
That really sucks about your situation, and anyone here would have went postal before a year has past like you. I really don't know the whole sensorship thing going on, but I hope somehow find your way to getting your parts changed out to the correct ones before another year goes by.

good luck , Jeff

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
As a lot of you know I have been waiting for rear hubs so I can install my rear wheel, Well they arrived last week and today I tried to fit them, Everything looked like it was going ok until I went to put the rear belt pulley on and guess what.......IT DOESN'T FIT........ These hubs were supposedly test fitted to a bike to make sure they are correct before they came to me, What a load of crap. They actually have hammer marks on the drive hub, I have not heard G&S Cycles excuse for this yet but I am sure it will be (It wasn't like that when we wrapped them). When are the moderators of this forum actually going to start standing up for the members. Isn't the USA the land of FREE speech???

So far 2 of my threads have been shut down or locked so as not to upset the vendors I am guessing.

I have tried to be a nice person through all of this and now that is going to stop.

It will be interesting to see just how long it takes to shut this thread down, Or if the people in charge have the balls to let it run, I bet they don't.

I am trying to think of what steps will be taken to shut me up this time.

Now I am Pissed off...
I would contact G&S and tell them you are returning everything and demand your money back.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Dude, I shut it down, because you said you were done with them. I asked you to post a topic in the vendor ratings forum so, in the future, people would be more likely to see it. Instead of burried in the Australia forum where it was. As I said, G&S is not a site approved vendor. No one should be using this forum to buy and sell from non site vendors. When you deal outside the system there isn't much we can do and Darkstar still went above and beyond for you. Previously, we made an effort after talking with you via PM to keep the old thread clean from other's flaming so as not to damage your relationship with the G&S, not the forum's, the forum has no relationship with them. I'm sorry you've been getting screwed over, but it's not the forum's fault.

Tell you what I'll do. Since you are obviously are not down with this and since you still haven't, after multiple requests, started a vendor review topic, I will open your old thread, merge this to it and put it in the vendor ratings forum, where it belongs. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
Dude, I shut it down, because you said you were done with them. I asked you to post a vendor ratings forum so people would be more likely to see it. Instead of burried in the Australia forum where it was. As I said, G&S is not a site approved vendor. No one should be using this forum to buy and sell from non site vendors. When you deal outside the system there isn't much we can do and Darkstar still went above and beyond for you. I'm sorry you've been getting screwed over, but it's not the forum's fault.

Tell you what I'll do. Since you are obviously are not down with this and since you still haven't, after multiple requests, started a vendor review topic, I will open your old thread, merge this to it and put it in the vendor ratings forum, where it belongs. Good luck to you.

You are correct I am done with dealing with them, but I still want to get the input from people here and if I can stop them from making the same mistake I did I will feel a lot happier.
And you are right they are no longer a site vendor but they were a site vendor when all of this started. They apparently received threatening emails from people on here and removed themselves as vendors.(I have not received any proof of that, just what they told me.)
I understand that you guys are there to do a job.
Darkstar did go above and beyond to help me out and when I come over I will probably take him and his wife out to dinner for his help.
I am not blaming the forum for anything that has happened to me, This is my mistake. I just feel the forum is shutting things down way to early, The news about this company needs to get out so no else makes the same mistake with them.
And one thing I can promise is anything that I want machined from now on will be done in Australia.
I am not saying that Australia will do a better job but atleast I can over see the job so it will be done correct.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Stew, I think all that needs to be said about the parties involved in this debacle has been said (good and bad) so I will not beat a dead horse here. What I do want to convey to you is that this is NOT a normal "American" way of doing business. Please don't let this influence your view of the states. As you see on this forum (mostly American) most folks are stand up citizens, are willing to help out another, and stand by their work and their word when they say they are going to do something. Unfortunately since you are halfway around the world, any course of action you may have is exponentially more expensive and time consuming than someone living stateside. I wish there were more we could do collectively to help you, if there is, let us know.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Thanks Sangathor.
Mike you are right if I came across that way I do apologise, I was not meaning all American businesses. Was just meaning if I get the stuff done here if need be I can go in there everyday to see what is being done.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Thanks Sangathor.
Mike you are right if I came across that way I do apologise, I was not meaning all American businesses. Was just meaning if I get the stuff done here if need be I can go in there everyday to see what is being done.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
nope, I didn't take it that way at all, just wanted to make sure you knew we aren't all wankers

·
Administrator
27,730 Posts
Can you post pics of the trouble so we can get a handle on it?

BTW as you know the Forum has no legal way to help you to deal with your selected vendor. If they were a Forum Vendor we could do some things behind the scenes.

Separate from this just to be fair, candidly Darkstar's casual friendship with Eric opened a doorway for him to try to help you, and he got involved on your behalf. The outcome you've described sucks and makes it seem we would all have been better off not trying to help you at all.

What did G&S have to say when you told them?

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Now I am Pissed off...
That's an understatement Stew. All this will have cost you a few dollars, sleepless nights and loss of hair no doubt :eek:

Good luck with your Australian machinist, and post pictures the minute you are up and running.

Gav.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
And you are right they are no longer a site vendor but they were a site vendor when all of this started.
BTW as you know the Forum has no legal way to help you to deal with your selected vendor. If they were a Forum Vendor we could do some things behind the scenes.
Since they were a Vendor when he purchased the product, I would hope something can be done by the owners of the forum. It makes purchasing from a site supporter as risky as purchasing something from the local stealership. If they G&S signed some sort of agreement, they should still be subject to the conditions of a site supporter. They also need to update their website. I wonder how long it will take the forum to make them to remove this from their website.

I personally was disappointed in G&S's previous response providing the legal issues of proving Stew a working product. I guess there was not enough business from the forum for them. After being a site supporter for so long, seems like they bailed knowing this issue most likely would not be resolved quickly or satisfactory. Guess they know the customers base of RSWarrior.com.

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
it annoys me that the mods are still trying to shift the blame to thomoson in the title. You bought from G&S not thomoson, who they decided to cut your wheels wasn't your problem. This is all on G&S they are the ones who took your money. Good luck with whatever you choose to do stew but I would ship all this crap back and go online and find a lawyer. In this sue happy world I'm sure you can find a lawyer in the states who would fight this or try contacting the better buisness bureau.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Since they were a Vendor when he purchased the product, I would hope something can be done by the owners of the forum. It makes purchasing from a site supporter as risky as purchasing something from the local stealership. If they G&S signed some sort of agreement, they should still be subject to the conditions of a site supporter. They also need to update their website. I wonder how long it will take the forum to make them to remove this from their website.

I personally was disappointed in G&S's previous response providing the legal issues of proving Stew a working product. I guess there was not enough business from the forum for them. After being a site supporter for so long, seems like they bailed knowing this issue most likely would not be resolved quickly or satisfactory. Guess they know the customers base of RSWarrior.com.
I agree, if they were a site vendor. However, they no longer have an agreement, so I'm not sure how much leverage the forum has anymore. I thought G&S stopped being a site member years ago, I'm prob wrong though. I sent Vertical Scope a message asking about the timing. Either way, G&S needs to remove that from their website.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
it annoys me that the mods are still trying to shift the blame to thomoson in the title. You bought from G&S not thomoson, who they decided to cut your wheels wasn't your problem. This is all on G&S they are the ones who took your money. Good luck with whatever you choose to do stew but I would ship all this crap back and go online and find a lawyer. In this sue happy world I'm sure you can find a lawyer in the states who would fight this or try contacting the better buisness bureau.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Really? Really? I've been asking the only person involved, Stew, to post a proper vendor review for months, I try to do a solid by listing all parties so people know and you still b!tch. Seems like that's all your interested in doing lately. Good way to make a lot of friends. Whatever dude.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts

Instead of worrying about deleting our posts on the two threads about this subject, this is what should have been going on, since G&S was a forum vendor at the time. All though, i give 2 thumbs up to DarkStar for what he did for stewster. Good man.

·
Administrator
27,730 Posts
What I should have clarified is that when someone is currently a forum vendor there is leverage and its been used over the years a number of times successfully. If the company is not a current forum vendor then that leverage is gone. Either way yes I agree its true the Forum has no legal responsibility but we still try to work things out when asked. As many know the Forum has a good track record in the past, and I don't know a dealer who would go to bat the way this forum has over the years.

Changing gears, I'm still hoping Stew will post pics so we can visualize the exact nature of the trouble. Who knows, maybe someone will see something and a solution can be had.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts