RS Warrior Forum banner

Up Date on Wheels - G&S Cycles/Thomoson Performance

12K views 91 replies 25 participants last post by  btk572 
#1 ·
Well as alot of you know I have been waiting quite a while for a set of wheel I bought from G&S Cycles who get the froma company called Thomoson Performance.
This is the update so far.
I have the front wheel on the bike and all seems ok.
The rear wheel i have in the shed but it does not fit the bike, The hub was made wrong so last year told G&S Cycles and they pretty much put me straight in touch with greg from Thomoson Performance, apparently once they did that it released them of any legal obligations so they are not allowed to get solicitors involved seeing as that side of it is now out of there hands, which seems quite weird to me seeing as i was dealing with them and not greg.
So i ordered the wheels back in June 2012 managed to get the front wheel on in January so 6 months for the front wheel and still waiting for the rear wheel.
All of you know that Darkstar went to Thomoson Performance and physically looked and my rear hubs with my name on it, Greg apparantly told him that he would get round to it in the next week or 2. I have been told from G&S Cycles that all is needed for these hubs to work is the centre spacer between the bearings for the axle rod, Why that would takes weeks to make or measure up I have no idea unless i have been told a lot of crap from day one.
G&S Cycles gave me 4 options.
option 1, they give me back all my money and i give them back the wheels.
option 2, i send back the wheels and they make me a 18x8.5" standard wheel and refund me the differance.
option 3, I choose a set of RC Component wheels and swap them for the wheels i have.
Option 4, Wait to see if Greg from Thomoson performace actually holds up to his end of the bargain.
Apparently Greg feels that this is a warranty job and he will get to it when he can. I can not see how something can be warranty when it never fitted the bike in the first place. (if it fitted and broke that is one thing but when it never fitted i consider that to be a fcuk up and should have been fixed straight away)

So the bottom line is nothing came of Darkstar going to Thomoson Performance.

so you guys know as much as i do.

oh and apparently G&S Cycles will pay me half the money now and when they get the wheels back will send me the other half. (great how i had to trust them to do there job properly but they dont trust me)

See less See more
#89 ·
BTK,
I understand what your saying about the pulley but it is a Harley pulley to make the gearing lower.
I have a 33tooth roadstar pulley on the front and a 65 tooth Harley pulley on the rear with a 128 tooth gates s&s belt.

It does approx. 2000rpm at 62mph.

#92 ·
all the stuff pictured is exactly how the stock wheel goes together basically bearing, sleeve, bearing, spacer, drive, bearing, spacer. amazing they took a year to measure and machine that little bit of stuff, sorry for your drama in this , btk572

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.