RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, everybody who was waiting for one of us to have a transmission failure - i'M IT! Trans died yesterday not but 100 yards for the place I work, and thankfully not too far from the local Dealer. They came and picked me up with a trailer, took it back to the shop, AND wrote up a service report for me, even though the service department wasn't open on monday. Anyways, so those who doubt the need for the recall, Don't! We need our bikes to be reliable!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Hmmmmmm...... Died sounds more like an electronic or engine failure. Perhaps the Clutch was fried but your right rat..... died doesn't sound like locked.... im interested in hearing more about this.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
What gear were you in? How many miles are on your bike? Were you down shifting? How fast were you going? Were you leaning left or right or going straight?

Tell us the whole story?

Thanks

·
Registered
474 Posts
How hard did you hit the floor?
Just kidding.
Seriously did it actually lock up or what?
I want to know if you can take some parts off while they work on it.
I like to change my paint.
What did the dealer tell you?
Let us know. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Sounds to me like if it locked up, he would have mentioned it. Something's fishy here. Like that yada yada episode of Seinfield.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
quote:Originally posted by PushingVWs

Sounds to me like if it locked up, he would have mentioned it. Something's fishy here. Like that yada yada episode of Seinfield.

Yup, fishy indeed.
My transmission locked up to *LOL*
Ohh wait we got 8" of snow last night.
I was dreaming

Kyle

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no, it's DEFINETLY not electronic, or a rider error like forgetting to gas her up. basically, went to go from a stop light, and NOTHING HAPPENED, except for this pleasant rattleing sound coming from the tranny. You see, the way the NHTSA works is that when a recall is issued, they require the company to state the WORST possible scenario, like the wheel locking up. So, I didn't experience the worst, but I didn't exactly experience the best. no leaning over, no popping the clutch at the time (or ever, really), only two burnouts in my time riding it.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Gishbar,
Did it happen when you let the clutch out and was there a bang or other noise other than the rattling, if so your circlip got chewed up by the oversize (wide,out of spec) 4th gear and it slid over and engaged the dogs on the adjacent gear. When this happens you're, in effect, in two gears at once, your tranny try to turn two diferent speeds at once. If it turns at all something will break, hence the rattling noise.
Ed,
I think it would be difficult for the gear to slide over and engage the dogs on the adjacent gear at anything other than exterme low speeds.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
weird how it wold do that at a stop could it have been broken and didnt know till he stopped? and also how many mile you have , I'd like to know if that was it , and not something else !

1 - 20 of 46 Posts