RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, I was thinking of doing internal upgrades during the recall ( Speed star HC pistons,Cams and valve springs) My question is, with stock can and no PC 3 what can I expect for horsepower increase and fuel consumption? The dealer said they could adjust the computer to take care of the upgrades, and I would probably get a new exhaust down the road. Any opinions would be appreciated. GB

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hi gbsteph,
I'm not sure, but stock ECU is not adjustable to that extent (you can adjust Air / fuel ratio). I think a good PCIII is needed.
Full S* kit gives a 25% power and torque gain, but I think exhaust is a good third of that 25%.
My opinion? If you can pass govt checks with a S* IV kit, go for it!
If it weren't for our laws, I would have ordered one!
Pretty expensive: 2900USD for the kit + 300USD for UPS shipping (more or less). Ask Richie for a price, he's a nice, helping (dunno if it's the right word) guy.

Greetings from Venezia, Italia /emoticons/emotion-5.gif

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I would say if you are doing all those nice mods: stop being so tight and get a PCIII and a custom map. I'm sure the PCIII would give a few extra ponies and save some fuel.

·
Registered
559 Posts
The purpose for changing cams & valves is to provide more air flow thru the system to support your bikes increased appetite for those HC pistons. I'm not sure how the stock can will play a factor in the equation, but without a BAK and a PC3 you won't be getting the maximum from those upgrades. It's my understanding that the stock injectors should be able to support the increased fuel required.

It's a good idea to get those upgrades done now while the bike is torn down and then you'll be all set when you're ready to add a BAK and exhaust to get your monies worth out of those upgrades. At that point you really should install the PC III.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts