RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barnett clutch upgrde was dafinitley worth it - it will pull the front tire up hitting second gear now, (used to slip into second)

only about 10 days untill I can test it on wheelie hill ***WHOO HOO***

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I can't wait to get mine back and try out the new clutch.Good to hear you are happy.I dropped it off this morn and what a bunch of stooges at the shop.I'm very scared right now,no sleep tonite. Should have it back tomorrow.....I hope.
It sux having no faith in the mechanic that is having his way with my
ride.

Thanks for the PM Kris.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
It's nice having that clutch - isn't it. Woo Hoo - is the sound I make when the front tire comes off.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Cocktoastel that is the same prob I have in 2nd . I was hoping a good cable would cure it. How much did it run ya?

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Phats paerformance had em for 139

mention this site and get 5% off

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SR-2

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
I did the same thing during the recall, barnett clutch + hc pistons. It used to slip in 2nd as well - no more slipping now!

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can still operate it 1-2 finder Motox style (I was frowned on @ MSF, but I tried)

Its stiffer (maybe 10-15%) but there is less throw and you can run a little more free play.

use all four fingers like the coach told ya and it should not a big deal at all

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[8D]Not at all like a 89 KX 500 with red spring [8D]

quote:Originally posted by Jon_Cocktoastel

I can still operate it 1-2 finder Motox style (I was frowned on @ MSF, but I tried)

Its stiffer (maybe 10-15%) but there is less throw and you can run a little more free play.

use all four fingers like the coach told ya and it should not a big deal at all

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
if your dealer is nice, they won't charge you anything to put in the Barnett. Got to love those 2nd gear shifts and the wheel pooping up. I was passing a car when coming onto the highway once, hit the throttle, and to my surprise, did a freaking wheelie while passing him, all I could do was smile and say Holy Sheeat. I put the red springs on, and the only time you really notice the difference, is while sitting at a stop with the clutch pulled in, otherwise it's all good.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
quote:Originally posted by nititgye

Hey Jon which springs did you use?

I just used the greenish-gold ones that came in the kit. the dealer did it for .5 hours labor

1 - 16 of 16 Posts