RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well all I screwed up, I was putting her back together after changing my fork oil. I was torque my upper triple clamp to what was specified and it broke, so I need an upper clamp, this sucks!!!# does anyone know where I can get one? Please pm me.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just broke my upper triple clamp DO NOT USE THE TORQUE SPECS FROM THE MANUAL anyway I bed an upper triple clamp asap! Please call me at 815-661-1271 or email me at [email protected] please help a brother out

·
Premium Member
8,761 Posts
(n) The ebay offering is a modified Top Triple Tree that's missing the OEM Tach & Ignition Key mountings. They've been removed from the casting!

Bottom view of OEM Top Tree shown below

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
Start your torque like 5 lbs shy of the desired torque first, then go to recommended torque. Only like 18 ft lbs torque on those bolts, so use a light touch.

·
Registered
376 Posts
It has always amazed me whether it be cars or bikes that people see the torque specs for something and go for broke instead of stepping up to it.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Start your torque like 5 lbs shy of the desired torque first, then go to recommended torque. Only like 18 ft lbs torque on those bolts, so use a light touch.
That's what I did, it's a brand new torque wrench so I don't think it's that, maybe my upper clamp was weak? Either way its broke, found a new one of an 03 hope it's the same as my 08, guess I will see, it's of a midnight so I have to sand blast it and clear coat it first

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It has always amazed me whether it be cars or bikes that people see the torque specs for something and go for broke instead of stepping up to it.
Lol yeah me two, been a truck mechanic my whole life so I know better, always step up even at such low specs

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well all I REALLY screwed up, I bought an upper clamp not realizing it was heavenly modified, I need a stock aluminium upper clamp NOT modified, if anyone has one please let me know, e mail mail me at [email protected] please. Thank you

·
Registered
420 Posts
We’ve all screwed up at some stage. I recently bought a set of grips, to suit 1” in diameter Yammy T Bars.

Go to fit them and they
don’t fit properly around the right side switch gear without grinding .. not doing that so they now sit in a drawer in the shed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts