RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dunno if it could be the plugs bad fuel or what, i started it it was idling really slow souded like a pos harley or something, i give it some gas and it quit eventually it just would not start the tps could be it but i have an 07 and do they have a recall out for the 07's? it could be a plethura of problems i dunno i checked the plugs they are black but the tips are still silver grey if it is fowled then it would be total black wouldnt it? i need your guys's infinte wisdom of warriordom and help me out it was brand new when i bought it as a left over in june it has 6000 miles on it, very odd the plugs would be bad already.... what do you guys think?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh and i forgot to put i installed some bub jug huggers this weekend but havent riden it yet,no pc3 yet, i have only started it up and reved it to see what it sounds like would that have anything to do with my problem?

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Has the bike been sitting for a while and not started? How long and where is it kept? If this is the case I'd drain the tank andput some fresh fuel in it.

Also many guys install pipes incorrectly and create exhaust leaks. Pipes should should be mounted loosely at first so thery are basically hanging on the bike. Then start snugging a little at the heads while jiggling the pipes to insure you're getting it squarely into the exhaust port. Once your sure that they are squarely into the exhaust ports move back and forth between the two bolts/nuts at each port until you get them tightened. Finally adjust the frame mount so that there is no stress on either pipe, then snug it up.

Start it up and adjust the idle to 1000 RPMs. This is where your bike should idle at all times. Anything lower than this and you'renot getting enough oil pumped throughout the engine.

I'd also replace theplugs (use NGK) and cleanthe airfilters. Start it again. If you're still having issues you may want to adjust your ECU. I've provided a link below. Just remember to write down your factory settings forboth cylindersbefore you start. That way you can return to them if needed, plus you'll probably want to use the stock settings for your PCIII install.

I'm in Martinsville. Let me know how you come out. If you're still having problems I may be able to drop by this weekend.

Duke

http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/48956/689677.aspx#689677

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Do what Pep said. sounds like you let the plugs load up from poor idle and improper mixture.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i thought it would be the plugs but i thought it was odd they would already go bad so before i start riding i need to change my ecu or get a pc3 to prevent this from happening again? i was gonna get new plugs from my dealer today so sounds like i was on the right track.... anyways i can get a pc3 from phat,s for about 270 with the discount anynoe cheaper?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh pep thanks for saying you would come over i think i can manage the maintenence but if i do have any troubles ill give ya a shout...... **** snow its like another blizzard over here is it bad over there?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my bike is kept in a garage with no heat it hasnt been setting too long less than a monthe at a time whenever its 30 35 out and not icy i ride...

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Snowing here too. You can get NGK plugs at pretty much any auto parts store for a less than you'll pay at the dealer. A PCIII is a great addtion but you don't absolutely need one. Many guys here have added pipes, a BAK, AIS block-off and simplyadjusted their ECUs to overcome problems such as this.

Did you read my info on installing the pipes? That is where I'dbegin along with replacing the plugs.Also what is your normal bike idle in RPMs?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea i read the pipe info at first the back head gasket was leaking pretty bad so i took that one off and re mounted it it cut the leaking down to a minimum i will take the rear pipe off again and remount using distribution, i ussually idle at about 950 1000 but when i installed my pipes my dad shanged the idle so and i didnt check to see what he changed it to but im sure its not the same i will check at lunch to see where it is now if itll start

1 - 10 of 10 Posts