RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorta curious here. I know anybody can ask whatever they want ... but what kind of prices are the bikes going for that sell.

In 2005, I bought a 2002 Warrior with 12000 miles on it. It had Churchkeys VBAK, aftermarket paint , brand new tires and was mint. I put 47,000 trouble free miles on it before upgrading to a newer one a year ago.

I bought it out of New Mexico and I paid $6400 US for it. Here we are , about 4 years later , and most of the 02's and 03's I see for sale are that much or more for asking price. Then you'll see an '06 or newersell at$6900 and changeor less .

It just doesn't seem to compute.

I ask all this because I am considering picking one up for my girlfriend this year. I am probably in the $4000 - $5000 range . I would think there should be more available !!?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I learned, after the fact, that Ipaid too much for my used 2006 when I bought it from the dealer in 2007. One year old, with 5000 miles and a few mods including Rinehart Racing pipes, PC3, lojack, some chrome pieces that I would just as soon not have, everything in perfect condition. Paid $10k for mine. I didn't do my research before-hand. But you know what... I love the thing. Zero regrets. I saw it and had to have it, that day. That's how they got me. Oh well..... : ) Of course, that was also a couple years ago when economy was soaring and everyone was happy spending money on toys.

·
Registered
178 Posts
bruce59 said:
I'm sorta curious here. I know anybody can ask whatever they want ... but what kind of prices are the bikes going for that sell.

In 2005, I bought a 2002 Warrior with 12000 miles on it. It had Churchkeys VBAK, aftermarket paint , brand new tires and was mint. I put 47,000 trouble free miles on it before upgrading to a newer one a year ago.

I bought it out of New Mexico and I paid $6400 US for it. Here we are , about 4 years later , and most of the 02's and 03's I see for sale are that much or more for asking price. Then you'll see an '06 or newersell at$6900 and changeor less .

It just doesn't seem to compute.

I ask all this because I am considering picking one up for my girlfriend this year. I am probably in the $4000 - $5000 range . I would think there should be more available !!?

I just paid 5K for My 03 the way it sits, I thought I did pretty good because they were asking $6,500.

If you want a better feel for the market, go on ebay and look at the completed Warrior listings. It will give you a better idea of what people are willing to pay, and what sellers will take.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I just looked at Kelly Blue Book's website. I lists "retail" for my area:

2002 - $6665

2006 - $8500

Yet, there's a brand new '07 on Ebay right now for $8000. Ya gotta believe that, with this economy, there's gonna be some incredibly good deals out there this year.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
I paid $8100 for mine new in 03 with everything but the paint
. I worked for Yamaha and mine was the lobby bike and it came from the factory with Bub Chambermaids already installed (Yamaha mfg installed them, so they are factory). There are going to be some very good deals if you are willing to look for them and not worry about color and such. If many more people like me get downsized, there will be a lot of bikes and other non essential toys for sale cheap. I think that if you offered most peole the prices in the blue book, they would ask to see the cash and the deal would be done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Finally my first post! I actually just purchased mine last week, an 02 with VBAK,some kind of pipes, the mini fairing and chin fairing, PC and some form of aftermarket bars for $5400 but the bike only had a bit over 2500 miles. Now I just need warmer weather.

Hope that helps,

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I bought my '05 inclean but stock condition with 3,900 miles on it for $8,500 and I just sold it last week for slightly over that. That would be a nice recovery except I only put 2,000 miles on it and more then just a few grand in mods on it. It was worth every penny to me though and I think the most important thing to remember concerning this topic is something is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. It would be a shame to pass ongetting onesimply because you thought you should be able to get it cheaper then you can find one priced at.

I live in an area with a few million residents and have yet to see a Warrior worth having (ridable even) in the $4-5K range on CL by the way so you might have to be pretty patient and lucky to come across that. They seem to move pretty quickly at anything under $7K here and like you noticed, the year doesn't seem to matter much to people.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I just paid $5000 plus my paid off '07 Suzuki M50 a month ago for my '07 Warrior with 4000 miles, Samson Ripsaws, Cobra fi2000, Yammi tall risers and flat bar, lowered, covered by warranty until 2013.

They say you shouldn't pay too much for mods that someone else did but after seeing mine, there was no way I would have bought a stock one. I think I could have gotten it cheaperbut I'm pretty sure the dealer knew I was having that bike.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
quote:
I paid less then your low end price range for my 02. There are deals out there, you just gotta be ready with the cash when you find them.
Quote.

That's what I thought...you see lots on ebay that don't meet their reserve...then what happens!!? Any pics of yours LimoTinted..and how many miles?

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
quote:

Finally my first post! I actually just purchased mine last week, an 02 with VBAK,some kind of pipes, the mini fairing and chin fairing, PC and some form of aftermarket bars for $5400 but the bike only had a bit over 2500 miles. Now I just need warmer weather.

Hope that helps,

Post some pics in your gallery and we'll help you figure out what kind of pipes! You don't mind paying a little for aftermarket stuff if it is parts you want anyway.

Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I just paid 5K for My 03 the way it sits, I thought I did pretty good because they were asking $6,500.

If you want a better feel for the market, go on ebay and look at the completed Warrior listings. It will give you a better idea of what people are willing to pay, and what sellers will take.

That sounds like good value Stang.. and it is good to hear what they are actually selling for. I have looked on eBay.. often it just says they didn't meet their reserve.But I do get some good info there.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
bruce59 said:
quote: 
I paid less then your low end price range for my 02. There are deals out there, you just gotta be ready with the cash when you find them.
Quote.

That's what I thought...you see lots on ebay that don't meet their reserve...then what happens!!? Any pics of yours LimoTinted..and how many miles?

18K miles, pretty typical for Florida, a little higher than I would have like but it was taken care of so I was ok with it. Paid $3,500

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
bruce59 said:
.you see lots on ebay that don't meet their reserve...then what happens!!? Any pics of yours LimoTinted..and how many miles?

Ebay isn't a good indicator anymore in my opinion because it's free to list now and you only pay if it sells. What this seems to have created is just tons of overinflated auctions with high reserves that get listed and relisted a dozen times or more. In my search for my next bike I keep coming across the same bikes but with a new auction where the owner is asking more then new retail price for their bike that's several years old with no additions. Ussually there are no bids at all but even when there are they don't meet the reserve. If it hasn't SOLD for a certain amount then it's not worth that amount. I had several interested parties look at my Warrior when I had it priced at $9800 (I was in no hurry over the winter) but it wasn't until I dropped it below 9K that it actually sold.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Vietz2 said:
Yet, there's a brand new '07 on Ebay right now for $8000.

In July 07 I bought my brand new Midnight, still in the crate, with Yami TT bars for $10,800 OTD. (all taxes, fees included)

I played one dealer against another, and got the best price. If you tell your local dealer that a dealer 200 miles away has one for $1000 cheaper, you can usually get him to match it, etc.......

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LimoTinted said:
bruce59 said:
quote:
Quote.

18K miles, pretty typical for Florida, a little higher than I would have like but it was taken care of so I was ok with it. Paid $3,500

That's a great price ...can you find me one ?? I saw that one on eBay I think..I forget what they were asking. That's what I need. Then if I add exchange on the dollar and transport I'm still in a workable range. I'll PM you my contact info in case you see another deal!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
bruce59 said:
That's a great price ...can you find me one ?? I saw that one on eBay I think..I forget what they were asking. That's what I need. Then if I add exchange on the dollar and transport I'm still in a workable range. I'll PM you my contact info in case you see another deal!
Shoot if I find another for the price I'm going to buy it and relist it for $5,000. But I guess I'll give you first shot at it...

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Sin_City_Warrior said:
In July 07 I bought my brand new Midnight, still in the crate, with Yami TT bars for $10,800 OTD. (all taxes, fees included)

I played one dealer against another, and got the best price. If you tell your local dealer that a dealer 200 miles away has one for $1000 cheaper, you can usually get him to match it, etc.......

+1, except when my wife purchased her '06 midnight brand new she paid less than that and had a 3 year service plan + 3 year warranty + 1 extra year warranty. Shop around, ask you friends to shop for you, ect.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts