RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know whether I can use a stock seat from a 2006 Warrior (see photos below) on a 2005 Warrior? I think the brackets and clip configuration changed after 2003 and stayed the same through at least 2006 but I honestly don't know.

Insert Image:

11.57 KB

Insert Image:

18.64 KB

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Do you have specific plans for the '05 seat? or are you just getting one as a spare? I ask as I am in the same boat... bought a spare to have work done to it without "downing" my bike during the modification time.

·
Registered
829 Posts
What sucks is that all the coolest seats were made for the 2002-2003 Warrior. The Stock '02 seat is great and I love the Corbin Young Guns seat. I hate the 2005-2006 model seat, its fugly and uncomfortable for long rides.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
So true... is the difference only in the fender holes? I mean are the lines and fit the same otherwise? So if someone were to change out the fenders with an '03 for instance, would '02-'03 seats fit our '05 & newer bikes?

·
Registered
829 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Snyper39

So true... is the difference only in the fender holes? I mean are the lines and fit the same otherwise? So if someone were to change out the fenders with an '03 for instance, would '02-'03 seats fit our '05 & newer bikes?

I have explored this topic quite a bit, but have yet to find a reliable response. The dealer had no clue how I could attach an '02 seat to an '05 bike. Someone who was selling an '02 seat on the forum said all I had to do was get an '02 seat bracket, sub-fender mount and tool pouch mount and drill into the fender. When I pressed him for more details he did not respond. I checked with Corbin about updating the Young Guns seat to fit the later models, but that does not appear to be in the works. They suggested I get a Stinger and have it carved down to better flow with the lines of the bike, but not sure I want to be their guinnea pig for $500 bucks. Maybe I'll just buy a low mileage 2003 so I can get the YG seat!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good to know an '06 seat will work. If I can get it, I'm going to replace the leather with brown leather with alligator skin insert. Maybe put in a gel pad or something, the stock seat isn't very comfy.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Thats exactly what I did, I got a great deal on 06 seats on ebay and took my 05 seats and had them re do the covers in a three color combo and did the same with the back rest, so I have and all black set and another colored set. Plus I found the 06 seat alittle bit more comfortable than the 05.

If you like check out my gallery for the comparison.

To get a 02 to 03 seat to fit a 05 fender you need to drill two new holes more foward to accomdate the mounting bracket.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts