RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of this.......I called my dealer to see when the tranny kit to make sure he had my current telephone # and to make sure I was on the list for the tranny. He (being extremely professional) said that they have received about 17 kits - exactly on a week - and they are calling customers in via VIN number. I've read that people on this forum were 1st, 2nd, 3rd on the list, but he was saying that every kit is very specific to a particular bike (again via VIN #). The dealer is very reputable and I wouldn't take the bike to get worked on anywhere else, so I know this is a pretty straight answer from a very stand-up group of guys. Just didn't know if anyone else was aware of the fact that the tranny kits are specific to your bikes VIN. Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Take care,
Dave

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Again, a solid indication that I should have proof-read BEFORE posting.....First sentince should read......"I called my dealer to see when the tranny kit was coming in, to make sure he had my current telephone #, and to verify that I was on the list for the tranny".

·
Registered
42 Posts
I contacted my dealer when I heard about the recall.... I knew about the recall before he did??? I was first on list and just got my bike back last week. My dealership didn't go by vin# they went by who contacted them first and put them in order that way... I hope you'll get yours done soon!

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BTW,

The dealer also said that the kits are coming in in no particular order regarding VIN #. If this is the case, then I think that maybe others are having kits installed in their bike that dont match their VIN. Hmmmmmm.....

Dave

·
Registered
576 Posts
the dealer has the hand in who gets done first. The kits are specific to warriors, and to roadstars, that's it. Not to individual bikes. I'd put up a bit of a stink and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Truth be told, I didnt want to necessarily be forst either. I figure that the longer it takes, the better they will get with the process. Also, another important note. The head service rep has a Roadstar and he hasnt received his kit either.....He's still waiting.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was first on the list here in Louisville. My kit came in three days after I got through to customer service on the phone. They put me on hold, contacted my dealer, and my kit was there. I believe, like others have said, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think youre right....Just trying to figure it all out.....I know I'm close to getting the bike in there, just getting impatient /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Registered
33 Posts
I contacted my dealer and had a long talk, great people by the way. They have 23 kits comming in and they are issued to the dealer who sold the bike according to the vin #. The order of the kit install is based, in this case, on when the bike was purchased. They are contacting the owners as needed to schedule the work. I was informed there are two extra kits comming in due to tractor trailer compacting of parked bikes. I also was thrilled not to be first in line, nothing like an experianced mechanic. I was told the estimated time of arrival for me is mid April.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
o.k. so I'm not losing my mind. I really trust this dealer and I believe him when he says they are allocated by vin #. Like I said, he has a roadstar and his kit has yet to come in, and he's the mechanic. Thanks Eric for making me not thinking that I was going crazy on this one.

Dave

·
Registered
388 Posts
There are kits specific to Warriors and kits specific to Roadstars. I watched part of the process of the tech at my dealer doing a Roadstar. My dealer is taking double plus the amount of alotted yami time to do the work. The head service guy(also the dyno guru)said we want to get it right and we don't want them to come back. Bikes at dealer will be worked on in the order in which you got on the list. I got bumped from 2nd to 1st last week.
My bike is the first Warrior they are doing, in fact they will be starting on it today (Tuesday). Nick, my friend at the dealer and dyno guru, said they would actually go above and beyond with my bike to really make sure the process goes smoothly. He said the warrior engines are difficult to pull cuz it is about 350lbs (over half the bike weight...lol)and fits very tightly in the warrior frame not to mention it comes out as a whole with tranny, primary, everything. Nick said my said my bike will be ready Thursday night for pick up. He said if you had any little issues with things before, you won't now.
Well I hope that all of you have a dealer that takes pride in their workmanship as mine does. Even though I know some of you don't and that sucks.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
I contacted my dealer (actually not the one I bought the bike from but the one I choose to do the work) in Jan. I was put at the bottom of the list. He said he was going to take care of the bikes he sold first. I have no problem with that. It sounds like good customer service to me. And, still being winter up here, no one can ride now so it doesn't hurt to wait. I talked to him again last week. My kit should will be in sometime in April. April is just around the corner. I need to get busy building a trailer to take the bike in. No way I'm riding this thing on ice!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
My Dealer is doing them in the order he takes them prisoner, certainly not according to VIN#. In other words, to be "in line" my bike has to be sitting in their shop, which it is.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm gathering that the way the recall is handled differs greatly between dealers. I suppose that each dealer sat down with themselves and figured out a plan-of-attack. While some are handling it on a first-come-first-serve basis, others are handling it via VIN number. Who's to say who is right. Mind boggling, isnt it???

Dave

·
Registered
196 Posts
Dave, I think that is what is pissing so many people off. There has been no consistancy in how the recall has been handled from one dealer to the next or even from one rider to the next. Yamaha had months to plan for this before the recall letters were sent out. I think they should have had it planned better.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I bought my RSW from a dealer about 50 miles from home, he had some 'left over' 02's at a hot price...When the recall came up I called my local dealer, he was great, took my VIN# and "I'll call you". After waiting along with everyone else, I was getting nervous due to a long planned trip in April. I called Yamaha Customer Service, explained my situation, they asked for my VIN number and...viola...three days later the local dealer calls to let me know that "my kits' in!... A couple days after droping the bike off, the dealer I bought the bike from calls...."Your kit is in"....Doesn't sound like the kits were being allocated by VIN# or I wouldn't have wound up with two kits for one bike!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts