RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my bigshots this past weekend, mounted them today. Them sucks surprised me for how loud they are! Got to admit I'm a wimp they're too loud for me, my ears ring after riding for a 1/2 an hour or so. And this is with the "baffles" in. Anyone else run into this? I know this might be sacraregious but has anyone got any ideas for additional baffles or some other way to quite these suckers down?

Love the look and low tone, don't like the decible level!!!

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
If you can find them man, I am in for some. I am thinking of doing away with mine after I Am done with my other stuff...

·
Registered
775 Posts
quote:Originally posted by U4EA

Is the Pro Pipe quieter than the Bigshots? Anyone know?

Yes the propipe is quieter and highter tone, the bigshots are louder and lower tone,
I like the bigshots better and they give me more torque, I ride all the times with my bodies, we all had propipe and we where even, now I pull ahead one bike per gear change and it reach 135 mph with no problem, I am thinking how to overide the RPM limiter .
Paul

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yeah I think that the BigShots are too loud also. But, I don't think that they are so loud that I'll ditch em. Although I am looking for some sort of extra baffle to quiet them down just a hair.

Troop

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
You know, somebidy from V&H should come to this forum and take note. they should come up with a solution as they are begining to lose sales. And guess what if they do not do anything, more of the BigShots will come off the bikes and be in the market for sale, thus lowering their sales even further.

I know OE is a dealer for them, may be Rob Hughes from OE can communicate this message to them. How about it Rob?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I agree with Alek5. The Pro-Pipe is a little quieter than the Bigshots. But they arn't near the decibels that the Bub Chambermaids are. Heard them on a Warrior and WOW were they loud.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Just think... the little ol lady who was gonna pull out in front of you.. is now gonna hear you comin'! Should wear ear plugs anyway for wind noise.
They are louder than I expected.....Cerino says they may quiten down when they carbon up a bit. Send V&H and email... they usually respond.

·
Registered
756 Posts
tx...

you can do what i did and it will help quite a bit...or at least i think it was quite a bit.

I was using the HP+ baffles by themselves...which is what i've used in most of my bikes. But i wanted to quite them down a little more on the warrior so i bought a set of the standard type baffles. Modified the HPs slightly and put them inside the regular baffles. Worked out pretty good. Still got the low rumble and still loud enough for those little old ladies to hear. AND i use the word OLD respectfully!!! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

I've already lost 50% of my hearing...trying to keep what i've got left.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well, without hearing from V&H I am not positive that this will work. But, someone with a VTX set of these pipes took out the baffles and wrapped some fiberglass in them. According to what he was saying it took some of the bite off of the pipes. I sent an email out to V&H to find out if this is a feasible option or not. Hopefully I'll hear back from them today. I should have the db reading posted by noon today. Later Chris

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I normally wear a full face helmet, so at speed the stock can of my bike , is almost nothing.
Who has heard both the bigshots, and the pro-pipe... Alex, can you give is a decription of the difference between the two..

Kyle

·
Registered
775 Posts
Yes the propipe is quieter and highter tone, the bigshots are louder and lower tone,
I like the bigshots better and they give me more torque, I ride all the times with my bodies, we all had propipe and we where even, now I pull ahead one bike per gear change and it reach 135 mph with no problem, I am thinking how to overide the RPM limiter .
Paul

·
Registered
182 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with the Supertrapp system of "tuning" the sound? Is this a viable option? Maybe we can convince them to make us an appliance to replace or modify the baffles in the V&H pipes?

http://www.supertrapp.com/disc_technology/disc_technology.htm

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Bill, do you have the BigShots? Where did you buy the baffles from?

I guess I 'll be waiting to hear what MTTRooper hears from Vance and Hines

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey Bill, I'm really into the long slashers look, I'm curious as to how much louder the big shots are compared to the slashers, had a chance to listen to them both? I mean they are both 2 into 2, but what exactly is making the big shots louder? and are the long slashers that loud? As far as performance, everyone is talking about how much better the big shots are but asides from the slight bend (adding some back pressure), what is all the commotion about? I'm trying to find someone to compare these... any ideas?

·
Registered
775 Posts
. After extensive R&D and dyno testing Vance & Hines developed the new BIG SHOTS performance exhaust systems. The new BIG SHOTS not only replace the excessive bulk and weight of the stock systems, but substantially increase horsepower and torque. BIG SHOTS utilize our new, exclusive Vance & Hines Power Chamber. The race inspired Power Chamber is a unique crossover system that offers all the performance advantages of a two into one race system yet retains the intimidating look and powerful soundof race pipes. In addition, BIG SHOTS feature massive 2.5" full coverage heat shields that make BIG SHOTS virtually "blue-proof"!

·
Registered
95 Posts
The big shots have a cross over tube which equalizes the back pressure between the two pipes. They are basicly a two in to one. Alot of hot rods use a "H" pipe to do the same thing. By doing this you gain HP and torque. It works well on my mustang.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts