RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my bike with these pipes on it... And I never thought I'd be able to admit this... but ****, those things may be a little *too* loud. How do I tell if they've got baffles in them?

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
I'm not familiar with the Big Shots Staggered but if they're like most other pipes you can just run something like a wooden dowel rod into the rear of the pipe and see if it stops before the first bend. If so you probably have baffles and they should be secured with a screw or bolts that enters the pipe from the side that is next to the bike, where the heat shields don't cover. If they do have baffles and you want something quieter Vance & Hines makes a quiet baffle for those pipes also.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
If you are talking about Bigshots then the standard baffle is just a long perforated tube. Pushing a dowel up will not tell you if they are fitted or not. There is a screwon theback ofeach pipe about 3" from the rear. If they are there then the baffles are probably fitted.

As Pep said, there is a quiet baffle available for the Bigshots and IMHO it improves the sound a lot. They are not that quiet but take the harsh edge offand sound deeper as a result. If you are light on the throttle then they are not too loud but when you get on it they still bark.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, so definitely no baffles then. My ears suspected as much. Thanks for the quiet baffle I will definitely be looking at those.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts