·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: V-Rod Wheelie

ozwarrior said:
That's not a V-Rod muscle.

Sorry, I am not well versed in HD.

I figured if there was a V-Rod out there doing wheelies, it would probably be a Muscle. There is a good chance this pic is to old though. Did the Muscle come out just recently?

sorry for the Confusion....

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Shhh...there are some conversions amongst us! Cant talk like that. They paid alot of hard earned money on that name tag. lol

·
Registered
692 Posts

IMO the V-ROD is the anti-harley. It's the Harley for guys who would really rather have a warrior but just have to have the HD name. Does it make me a hipocrit to bash HD when if I had the coin I would by a street glide

·
Registered
3,145 Posts

That picture must be photoshoped.

There is no oil leaking.

·
Registered
946 Posts

I'd really like to see how big the pulley's on the other side of that thing are...because that beast isnt going up that easy...must've went up 10 on the bike and 5 on the front..lol...thats just ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I agree with the V-Rod being the Anti Harley.

I like to dis the money boys but in all reality, I'm a fan. Only because they are motorcycles.

I mean, when we are riding, and we pass another rider on the opposite side of the road, dont we all try to wave non the less?

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

So HD made the V-Rod, then said something like "hey, that Warrior looks cool" and used it? Nice.

·
Administrator
29,662 Posts

I like the "FL" style HD front ends more than the FX style. The inverted forks really help the look of the Fatbox, Road Kink, and ElectraGlue'd IMO and although they still are not my favorite bikes I have to admit the inverted forks improve their appearance. There's not much chance they will wheelie tho! For HD to go inverted with the VR Muscle is a step forward for them. I agree its also interesting theMuscle's inverted forks remind me of some other bike . . . now which bike would that be . . .

Added: I've learned that while the forks on the FB, RK, and EG may appear inverted (with covers) they actually are not. Plus the HD's I've seen out there with obviously inverted forks must beaftermarket kits. It seems a model of theVR is the first factory standard HD with truly inverted forks. Thanks.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I for one think it is stock, you can tell the rear tire has little air in it. Mix the low tire to help to get the front end up, as well as a lot of throttle, standing on the passenger backrest doesn't hurt, and a sense of balance.

Guys who can wheelie (like this guy) can wheelie on anything - yes I said anything!

·
Administrator
29,662 Posts
You make a good point!

fastby250cc said:
I for one think it is stock, you can tell the rear tire has little air in it. Mix the low tire to help to get the front end up, as well as a lot of throttle, standing on the passenger backrest doesn't hurt, and a sense of balance.

Guys who can wheelie (like this guy) can wheelie on anything - yes I said anything!

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
The guy in the photo is an old trials rider. He has been doin these side shows forever. If you put aweed eater engineon a refridgerator he would be able to do stunts with it. I have watched him live several times in Daytona.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
isn't that Craig Jones?
I saw him doing wheelies with full dressers. so pulling wheelies with a v-rod should be no problem for him

1 - 20 of 20 Posts