RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if you guys have seen Harley's new V-Rod Muscle? I haven't seen one in the flesh, or metal as the case may be. Reminds me of a bmw m/c I had once, crossed with something else.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think harley is trying to do 2 much to the bike. I think its a decent looking bike, a little on the slow side though.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I have. I had two dealers call me as soon as they got the first one in because I thought it looked SO much better then the regular VRod and I wanted to test ride it and see if it might make my short list. I can tell you that in MY opinion it was dissapointing how the pictures, as always, made it look way better then it does in person. In person I even preferred the Nightrod's look over the Muscle. It has some nice ideas on it that they've done their best to implement like the integrated signals in the mirrors and the new style back fender with the integrated style light and others but overall I'm unimpressed after riding them and checking it out in person. Go check it out for yourself though. That's one thing I really like about HD is even though their bikes are costly you're welcome to test ride them which I have yet to see any of the Yamaha dealers do.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Marco Polo said:
I have. I had two dealers call me as soon as they got the first one in because I thought it looked SO much better then the regular VRod and I wanted to test ride it and see if it might make my short list. I can tell you that in MY opinion it was dissapointing how the pictures, as always, made it look way better then it does in person. In person I even preferred the Nightrod's look over the Muscle. It has some nice ideas on it that they've done their best to implement like the integrated signals in the mirrors and the new style back fender with the integrated style light and others but overall I'm unimpressed after riding them and checking it out in person. Go check it out for yourself though. That's one thing I really like about HD is even though their bikes are costly you're welcome to test ride them which I have yet to see any of the Yamaha dealers do.

which one is more powerful? v-rod muscle or warrior?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
swisswarrior said:
which one is more powerful? v-rod muscle or warrior?

Serious question or making a point? Power implying HPs which would put the V-Rod squarely more powerful comparing both stock.

·
Registered
54 Posts
generally speaking it liked more by those who don't already own V-rods. guess it inherited the red-haired stepchild status because H-D went in an unexpected direction in the styling.

personally i don't Hate it, but i'm sure i wouldn't swap my current bike for it. for the MSRP of the Muscle i'd rather try out the new Vmax

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Its a great looking bike, but I still prefer the V Rod Screaming Eagle........stock for stock the V Rod puts more power to the pavement and is quicker.

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
DarkStar said:
Its a great looking bike, but I still prefer the V Rod Screaming Eagle........stock for stock the V Rod puts more power to the pavement and is quicker.

The sales person that sold me the Warior has a V-Rod Screaming Eagle with NOS... bike looks nice and runs like ****.

For some reason there's a lot of Yamaha/Harley dealer combinations around... Wonder why?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
siradude said:
For some reason there's a lot of Yamaha/Harley dealer combinations around... Wonder why?

I don't know but don't enjoy it while you can. Harley is pretty much requiring a exclusetivity agreement now with all new dealers and spreading to even the most established dealers from what I heard. One of our dealers here used to sell Honda and a few other metrics but were persuaded by Harley to go exclusive to get the full dealer rights and benefits. They're making it not worth doing otherwise.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I don't know about flying any more then the other Rods. It has the same motor, same gear ratios, same compression, a few pounds heavier, and only 2 pounds more torque (measured at 6,500). Nobody at either of my dealers is aware of any real performance advantage it has but they did all swear that the look would grow on me like it did for them. I kind of believe that because I couldn't stand the VRod at first and now I still don't love the looks of it but it's not as terrible as I used to think it was.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
I like the muscle okay....I really liked the Street Rod a couple of years back...mid mount controls, cornering clearance and the typical V-rod P O W E R !!

I am dazzled by this........come on Harley let us have this HERE

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
The new rod is ok. HD did a few cool things like internally wired bars. Kinda weird they are cast alum. though. Integrated tail, turn and brake lights. Side mount plate. Not sure which binders but it has some progressive features. Why did they stick with the old dual rear shock set up?

I still like the night rod better. But I'm waiting on delivery of my new VMAX. Rockin HP. and it handles well.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I was torn between the V-Rod Muscle and the Warrior. Both cost the same (with all the mods I'm having done on the RS by the dealer before pick up). All in all. The V-Rod is a sweet bike. My thoughts were, the day I bought it I could pull up to a light and a person could pull up right next to me with the same exact bike! With the Warrior personalized to what I want for the same money, no one else around will have the same exact bike. The V-Rod does fly though, I rode one. Haven't even sat on my Warrior yet! LOL. Ruckus

1 - 15 of 15 Posts