RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, today I stopped by Harley Davidson of The Woodlands to see if they had some cool shades. I broke mine when I was riding up to Austin after Hurricaine Ike came through. Anyhow, When I was walking through the showroom to get to the apparel department I noticed a bike I hadn't seen before on the road. It was the new V-Rod Muscle. It was the most hideous bike on the floor. I have to admit, I do like the Night Rod with the 240 rear but that "Muscle" bike has the ugliest fenders I've ever seen from a factory bike (minus the Indian). The rear fender sits WAY too high and is WAY too square for the rear end. Same with the front, it is also squared off a bit. Back to the rear fender, from the top looking down it looks like one of those old fashioned metal bread boxes people used a few decades ago.

They did have an 07 Night Rod with the two orange stripes that run down the airbox/tank that looked REALLY cool. Still, with all of the motorcycle publications that put the Warrior ahead of the V-Rod over all, I can't see myself dropping $17K on something that I might not enjoy as much.

By the way, EVERY pair of sunglasses in the joint had the HD logo plastered on them so I left empty handed. Typical HD shop.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Havent seen the Muscle in person yet. In pics it isnt that bad, but I said that about the RAIDER too.

You could have bought the HD glasses and popped the logo off with a small pocket knife, but then you would have just paid $87 for a pair of WalMart Sunglasses!

·
Registered
881 Posts
i was parked next to a Muscle, last weekend, at Biketoberfest in Daytona Beach and thought it was a bit on the fugly side. I'm sure it's a grand bike to ride, but it didn't receive any boner points. Maybe if it was all blacked out, like the Night Rod.....

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
star_destroyer said:
H-D makes more money off the biker apparel and accessories sales than it does on bikes these days...

Man, you sure got that one right! EVERYTHING in the showroom has the HD logo on it. I'm wondering though, why are there so many used V-Rods for sale? They're a dime a dozen these days. I'd be willing to bet that the dealerships make a ton of $$$$$ at Christmas due to friends and family buying HD garb for a Harley owner. I wouldn't be surprised if they sold HD toilet paper. Actually, that might be good marketing for import shops.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts