RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was holding out for V&H Bigshots.... got an email response today from V&H re: part # 18505 (I've memorized it). They've been delayed again.... possibly ready for the big dealer show in FEB 03. I'm headed to the store for some Hard Krome.[}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
117 Posts
Do you suppose the longer they wait the more they can charge for them. I ordered a set on Jan 3,2002. Was quoted $379. According to their web site this summer the price had jumped to $400+. Last week I checked and now they are over $500. I guess they are shooting for the $600+ that they get for Big Shots for the VTX. They should be offer us discounts. O well, my Sampsons are on just need a better map.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Hey Redcloud, they should be about $100,000 a piece for all the alledged work they have put in to them. They claim to be working on getting the bend right for something like 6 or 8 months!! I don't know about you but if I spent that much time working on something and I still didn't have a product to sell, I would be out of business.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I placed my order they were $379.... now listed on web @ $539. I called and confirmed price increase that we will have to pay regardless of the price when they were ordered. At this rate they'll be a grand by 03.

·
Registered
329 Posts
If you ask me all the bigshots are blowin is smoke
they are tryin to starve us out with this sh!t
the longer they wait the more they feel they can charge screw V&H
boycot the bastards lets see what they charge for em then
it's the old philosophy build a better mouse trap and the world will beat a path to your door, it's a brilliant marketing strategy until
we tell them to pound sand, take a united front and collectively tell vance and hines to pound sand with their bigshots and watch the price come down and the availability go up, my theory is if you eliminate the demand you remove their leverage,Let's send V&H a collective e-mail telling them to stuff it and see if they still feel as though they are doing US a favour by selling us an overpriced piece of bent up tubing with a flange welded to the end of it, all in favor say I

·
Registered
174 Posts
Only thing i have to say is that i love my propipe. small leak to deal with but awsom sound and they dont scrape on the big turns. plus increase in power. and while riding with the harleys i/they can tell its running when i pass them.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I agree with what your saying. I think I'll wait for their call when their ready to ship if ever. Then tell them I'll have to take a few months or year to think it over.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I figured it out the made too many Propipes and haven't made any bigshots so, they are dragging their feet hoping we will give up on the bigshots and get the propipe.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
vance and hines was aquired this past year, the market for harley exhaust is far bigger for any cruiser and the market for warrior exhaust is probably fairly low (in comparison to everything else. My guess is that was low on the priority list and got even lower with their aquisition this year. I think they are stupid to blow this oppertunity. Has anybody ever seen a bike from the factory that begged harder for an aftermarket exhaust than the warrior?

·
Registered
717 Posts
I suggest that you guys set a date and all call in to cancel on that date. What do you got lose if they are not honoring the price when it was ordered? I just ordered the Cobra slip-on. They don't deserver your business, may be low on their list but they shouldn't have advertise it ...

·
Registered
104 Posts
I agree geestar. There is definitly some thing underhanded in advertising a product, taking peoples money, then stringing them along for a year with promises of soon, 3 weeks, ect. and never delivering, then saying AFTER you have placed an order at such and such a price that NOW the price has gone way up. A dirty deal all the way around. If someone knows their Email, feel free to send this on, you would actualy be doing them a favor to let them know how we, their customers, feel about their business practices.[B)]

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hmm, let you order for a set price, have they charged your card yet? And now jacking up the price on something you pre-ordered? Sounds like a possible Better Buisness Bureau call.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Haven't charged card yet, but they have my card number. I am going to call today, drop my order and tell them when they have a real product and a firm price to let me know. This won't be in time for the 500 or so other Warrior owners I know. Want to hear a real roar then log on to RSWarriors.com and hear the rush to different products. Anyone interested it is the V&H company store Whittier. 1-866-847-7473. [}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Something tells me that V&H will learn a valuable lesson in business 101. That being that if you do a bad job, news travels 100 times faster than if you do a good job. Every single one of these manufacturers advertised a product as if they avctually had it, prior to it being ready to ship and every single one of them shouldn't have done that. But, V&H has purposly lead us to believe their product was just days or weeks away from shipping for almost a year now. Makes it impossible to believe any claims they ever make about anything in the future

·
Registered
818 Posts
June 20, 2002

Yorba Linda, CA - (MCNWhttp://www.motorcyclenewswire.com ) MAG, Inc. the parent company of White Brothers Performance Products, Kuryakyn USA and Progressive Suspension USA, announced that it has acquired Vance & Hines Racing, Inc. of Santa Fe Springs, California.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts