RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally have my big shots pipes on with the vance and hines power command III. the sound is nice and loud now and i did get some nice numbers from the dyno. stock torque went from 95 to 100.7 and power went from 73.6 to 78.4 max. you can tell the diff in the power and torque it is a nice improvement over stock and turns more heads being loud... if you like that kind of thing.

·
Registered
147 Posts
i love my big shots too. are you running with or without baffles? i have the big shots, power commander, and hypercharger. i ran 77hp and 102 ft/lbs torque without baffles. i ran 80hp and 104 ft/lbs torque with baffles. you should go for a hypercharger next. it adds a little more oomph, and looks cool too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey danny sounds good!! do you have the site that you got the hypercharger ? and did you have to put a new fuel setting on the power command

·
Registered
147 Posts
i got the hypercharger from thunder manufacturing. they were good to me and really helpful. i ordered the pc3 with the hypercharger as a package deal. they preprogrammed the pc3 for my pipes and the hypercharger. i'd still like to have it mapped perfect though. im working on posting some pics, but dont have access to a digital camera. im not very computer savvy.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Actually, I believe the Hypercharger is one of Kuryakyn's. Thunder just makes an adapter to make it fit. I could be wrong, though.
Of course, who cares if it works!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I put the V&H big shots with PCIII on my warrior and it sounds and runs great. I just put on the lower cowl, and I'm waiting for the windshield/fairing to come in. It's black and it hasn't been released from Yamaha yet. Who needs a Harley?

·
Registered
27 Posts
My Pro Pipe and PC will be hre tomorrow /emoticons/emotion-3.gif).

My question is on the Vance and Hines did you have to remove the whole exhaust (the part on the back cylinder that is really hard to get to)? It looks like it's a seperate little peice and was wondering if that comes off or stays. The job would be something I could handle if that stayed. Otherwise it's getting done by a pro.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it stays with the bigshot pipes . not shure with the propipes but im guessing it will stay. you also dont need any new gaskets with it. the stock ones are fine with low miles from a new bike.

·
Registered
27 Posts
thanks pgallup, I decided to let the pros handle it anyway. It's there getting done now. I'm a mechanical retard, I would end up pgetting mad and breaking something.

Last time I tried to put a new washer in my Wifes bathroom sink faucet I ended up breaking the whole **** thing and having to have a plumber come out and install a whole new faucet.

·
Registered
739 Posts
warlord,

good thing you have a warrior and not a harley. the harley would last half as long with you wrenching on it. our trusty warriors don't have those "mechanical" problems like harleys.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Had the Pro Pipe and PC3 done and love it. Sounds great, but not too loud. I haven't noticed much of a power gain, but better throttle response.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
For those that choose to do it at home, the trick to putting on the propipe is to connect the rear muffler piece to the front header piece before putting it on the bike(ignoring the instructions that say attach the front piece,then slide on the muffler). This way you get a nice tight connection.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts