RS Warrior Forum banner
  • Warrior of the Quarter Challenge 23Q1! Enter your bike HERE
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2005/BAK/relocated Coils/PCV/Oil Cooler/Executioner Pipes/AIS Block off/
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed yester day that while riding that i had 64 miles on the trip odometer and about 10min into the ride I needed fuel (according to the fuel light). I typically can go 110miles before the light comes on. Pulled in and filled up and no issues.

Here's the suspicion and thought. I put a cover on my bike to protect it from the elements and of all things, from the blazing sun. When I pull the cover off the bike, there is a heavy smell of gas. The cover does have vents and I am aware of the vapor valve that bleeds off the pressure in the tank when it gets hot.

Is it possible to loose a gallon of fuel or more over a period of time like this? I haven't encountered anything like this since i have garaged the bike mostly (no garage this time).

· Registered
2005/BAK/relocated Coils/PCV/Oil Cooler/Executioner Pipes/AIS Block off/
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have not replaced or removed the tank or dry breaks in over a year once the new dry breaks were installed. the dry break is snapped together so well that I can barely get them apart because its such a good seal. there are no puddles or spots on the ground. Guess i will look to park it in a shaded area and see if that helps. thanks for the tips hefty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts