RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the Churchkey VBAK and AIS block off over the weekend, and All I can say is Genius. On a scale of 1-5 I would consider myself a 3.5 to 4 on the mechanical side, but this wasn't bad. I had the VABK done in 2 1/2 hours the first time, but couldn't figure out where the last sensor went. After a quick phone call (thanks again Woody) I got my Cranium unwired from my Rectum, and 40 min later it was correct. Another hour and the AIS was done as well.

I could not imagine the ingenuity that it takes to figure all of this out for the first time. I would post a Pic but there are eleventy billion pics of this on the site (and the wife has the camera on her trip to FL).

I would also suggest that any one doing this put the crank breather hose on before you put on the rear stack (if you have big meat hooks like mine, and can't get your hand in the space). I also loaded BadAndy's map and it leveled out the idle.

I took the bike around the block, and could tell that there was a difference, but when it is 24 degrees out, no long rides for me. I also thought that my pipes sounded louder, but the extra sound was just the engine "Breathing" for the first time.
Again I would like to thank Churchkey and RedHorse for the steps and "guts" to disassemble a perfectly good bike, only to make it better.

Next on the List for Winter Mods:
Left side cover on the Right side
Big box of X-Mas stuff hiding behind the couch (Bars & grips I think)

And can someone answer this for me, How in the H3LL would you ever change the inner plugs without pulling the under tank air box?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Hope to do mine after new years, evry time I read a post of how easy it is I get more encouragemnt that I can do it myself. Thanks

·
Registered
832 Posts
any other place to get the Vbak that you guys know of? I'm in Canada, no international shipping unfortunately

1 - 6 of 6 Posts