RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so Churchkey dosent make vbaks any more as I'm sure some of u new, well I'm trying to do this mod but I'm in the UK so parts are hard to come by hence the DIY part.

I need info and templates if possible,
I need to know the throttle body Inlet sizes for the filters making a normal BAK will do.

And templates / measurement for the sensors and possibly coils, with hole sizes ect.

Also in search of a template for the reg rec relocation

Hope someone can help, I have the redhorse and Churchkey pdfs how ever the redhorse one I can't see the measurements they are blurry and churckeys dosent state it as it was for his kit.

Thanks
Matt

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,752 Posts
There are several pdf files of relocation plates see the Table of Contents of the Documentation forum.

I think either @tomba or @Caledonian Warrior have VBAK dimensions. I will look to see if I have them archived but no promises.

The VBAK Cone filters are RC1290 so the velocity tube is equal to the throttle body OD on that end, and fits into the ID of the RC1290. Remember which goes on which side of the bend.

I'm not aware of a standardized RR relo bracket, it depends on factors and where to put it. Lots of threads. Some have pictures. See if one of those locations fits your vision.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
And I’m pretty sure these will fit as well. The 1290s are bit a pricey K&N Universal Clamp-On Air Intake Filter: High Performance, Premium, Washable, Replacement Filter: Flange Diameter: 2 In, Filter Height: 3 In, Flange Length: 0.625 In, Shape: Round Tapered, RU-2580 https://a.co/d/abuYgph

·
Premium Member
9,139 Posts

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,752 Posts
And I’m pretty sure these will fit as well. The 1290s are bit a pricey K&N Universal Clamp-On Air Intake Filter: High Performance, Premium, Washable, Replacement Filter: Flange Diameter: 2 In, Filter Height: 3 In, Flange Length: 0.625 In, Shape: Round Tapered, RU-2580 https://a.co/d/abuYgph
You might verify from scratch. Even a little different and you can't connect and seal. I think these might be a different ID.

Also, that temperature sensor link goes to something that is not R*W fitment. It's a corroded something.

·
Premium Member
9,139 Posts
All the sensors are looking same, but does anyone know which one is which? Mine has 3 different codes.
ALL (3) Warrior sensors share the same Yamaha OEM P/N though their physical markings MIGHT differ.
On my '04' ride the APS marking (Upper Sensor in photo) differs from the (2) IAPS markings that are the same :geek:

·
Premium Member
9,139 Posts
@Lauriclf ... Keep in mind that each of the (3) sensors have a specific unique single wire color and mechanical connection!
  • APS = Solid Pink & no vacuum hose - Black connector
  • IAPS Cyl 1 = Pink/White - Black connector
  • IAPS Cyl 2 = Pink/Yellow - Gray connector

1 - 11 of 11 Posts