RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody running this kit? Stealth BAK It may not be the Churchkey, but it's significantly cheaper. Money is always an issue. Not looking for absolute performance, just increased performance and enjoyability.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm not exactly a veteran on the subject, but I cant see it making a big difference. I made mine from scratch and it worked great.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
This one is $169. How much is ChurchKey's? Usually in performance products you get what you pay for, so be careful. There is a reason a Ferrari is $200,000 and a Hyundia is $20,000. If this is important to you, I wouldn't go cheap. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Sin_City_Warrior said:
This one is $169.  How much is ChurchKey's?  Usually in performance products you get what you pay for, so be careful.  There is a reason a Ferrari is $200,000 and a Hyundia is $20,000.  If this is important to you, I wouldn't go cheap.  Just my 2 cents.

+1

You get what you pay for and I've seen ChurchKey's in action and I would go so far to say that it's worth the extra few bucks. Don't buy cheap parts for your bike; that's what the Hyundai's for

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
yyyip!, that's mine Frank!

I pm'd you with some information on that kit. lemme know via pm if you have any questions. And for what it's worth I am a churchkey vback wanna have!!! but $$ is short so I did the old DIY VSTACK which is working out well for me. I plan to do woody's kit when the $$ is right.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The main thing is that the Barons kit does not come with velocity stacks, but overall a decent set-up for the money. I am personally running Patrick racing BAK and paid around $215 from Dennis Kirk.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I personally believe that you get what you pay for...and I have only heard goodreviews from Church;s product.

Will be going Churchkey as soon as I finish the mod I'm working on now...

Will also always support the forum members when I can... as I already did with Crown's 240 and swingarm kit.

My 2 Cents

·
Registered
661 Posts
Church's VBAK is top notch. I love it. I've never had anything on the bike to compare it to, but, I've never eaten dog $hit either and I'm sure I wouldn't like IT! LOL. Go with Church's when you have the cash!

·
Registered
946 Posts
I'm running the Baron's BAK on my bike. I've ridden RUCKUS' bike too. My throttle response feels snappier but his torque felt more linear. I also like his coil relocation plate as well. Mine was a P-I-A to install. I cussed at that thing for an hour and pulled my spark plug wire accidentally about 6 times before getting it in the way it needed to go. Now that it's installed it works great...sounds great too and I noticed a waaaaaaaaaaay throatier sound out of my exhaust....as if I needed it...anyways (just ask Ruckus how loud my bike is). All in all I am happy with the Baron's BAK. I ended up using Churchkey's info to bump my ECU after installing the Barons BAK, and even if you don't use Churchkey's kit he'll still be right their to answer your questions. If I wasn't such a cheap *** and if my ex-wife didn't have her hand so deep in my pocket I would've gone with Churchkey's V-BAK. I'm happy with the Baron's BAK tho for what I've got into it...The only way to know which one would be better per se` is to get two identical bikes and set them up the same exact way with just opposite BAKs and MAPs and do a dyno run...on the same dyno...by the same operator...that would be the only way to truly test the performance and even then I'd bet their would be differences....so...unless one person has tried both of them and has dyno'd both of them while leaving their bike unchanged with the exception of the BAK, we'll never know...either...way..thats my .02 on the subject..hope it helps...

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Yeah, that's the barons. Your better off going DIY, than barons. You can do it yourself, for under $100. Just get the K&N's, some alumminum to fab the relocation plate. There are instructions and plans on this site and Redhorse's site, to help you out.That's what I did on my first BAK. The main difference bettween this BAK, and a V-BAK, like churchkeys or Patrick Racing, is the Velocity stacks. You get a few more ponies and torque, with the stacks, and smoother/better throttle response. I now have the PR air kit, and the difference between the DIY and Barons, is noticibly better.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the replies, guys. I'm getting the idea that no matter which route I go, it's going to be significantly better than stock.

Another ? Is it ok to remove the PAIR valve system on a stock bike? That was the 1st thing to go on my C90.

Cheers

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
On the Warrior it is refered to as the AIS. Air Induction System.

You need to purchase or fabricate a pair of block off plates. Plenty of info available about it here on the forum.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Churchkey said:
On the Warrior it is refered to as the AIS. Air Induction System.

You need to purchase or fabricate a pair of block off plates. Plenty of info available about it here on the forum.
I still drawings for the block off plates. That I could probably get some cut out of aluminum.

·
Registered
188 Posts
love your avatar! wish i could've been there

kickice24 said:
Thanks for all the replies, guys. I'm getting the idea that no matter which route I go, it's going to be significantly better than stock.

Another ? Is it ok to remove the PAIR valve system on a stock bike? That was the 1st thing to go on my C90.

Cheers

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Do you even save $50.00 over Churchkey's when you get the Baron's? I guess you could save $100.00 if you DIY. I went with Curchkey and never looked back. After all the main purpose was to increase performance so why go part way.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I also went with Churchkey's v-bak. I haven't seen or been on a bike with the Baron's so I can't give any official comparison, but I will say that I am very impressed with my v-bak and the help that Churchkey gives is priceless.

Gotta give props to a fellow member who is always willing to help out.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Not to beat a dead horse but what is your time worth to you?If you have never thought about it, how much doyou make per hour at work?I always say my personal time is worth twice as much since I have significantly less free time than work time.If your number is $20 or more an hour (I truly hope it is), you still come out ahead by ordering Woody's VBAK over the multiple trips to the auto parts store, calls/emails/ posts,post searching/ reading and figuring out the install. And after all that (assuming you did it in under 10 hours), did you get the same level of performance as a proven kit like Woody's?

Just my two cents... Don't step over dollars to pick up nickels...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts