RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does the elbow increase HP or is it the same with the k&n's clamped right to the throttle bodies? just curious, bought an overpriced Patrick racing variety before i became educated on this site. any help would be appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
571 Posts
The PR and V-bak kits both provide great performance. The PR kit should have stacks that slip over the throttle bodies.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
For performance you can get the Patrick Racing or Churchkey. Both have been proven by many of the members on rswarrior.

·
Administrator
30,104 Posts
The Warrior sucks so much air (as evidenced by the oem airbox with two pressurizedfilter inlets) that its good to reduce turbulence with a stack because organized air jets into the system a little better so there's more oxygen in the combustion chamber.

If the outside air turbulence is what's getting sucked into the intake, then you don't get as much air. Thework the velocity stack does is to organize the air into astream as it enters the intake.Woody's VBAK seems to have the correct stack length, plus the angles fit nicely under the tank, so its popular.

MuDfReAk said:
does the elbow increase HP or is it the same with the k&n's clamped right to the throttle bodies? just curious, bought an overpriced Patrick racing variety before i became educated on this site. any help would be appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
263 Posts
Arizona Warrior said:
The Warrior sucks so much air (as evidenced by the oem airbox with two pressurizedfilter inlets) that its good to reduce turbulence with a stack because organized air jets into the system a little better so there's more oxygen in the combustion chamber.

If the outside air turbulence is what's getting sucked into the intake, then you don't get as much air. Thework the velocity stack does is to organize the air into astream as it enters the intake.Woody's VBAK seems to have the correct stack length, plus the angles fit nicely under the tank, so its popular.

I just put the filters right on the throttle bodies. I never gave that much thought, but well put Arizona. I may go out and throw some stacks on mine now. Great, just great, been here reading and tossing a few ideas, and it is costing me more and mre as I keep reading. Thanks alot guys.lol

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
do you know if the stacks can be purchased seperately? or does anyone know the dims on them. we have quite a few pieces at work that i see could be used as stacks.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
a lot of guys use PVC elbows. I dont know the dims but a search should yield them

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
The OD of the throttle bodies is 1-13/16"

I went to Burns Stainless online and found some 90 degreeleft overs with the ID I needed. I went with a 3" radius. Some cutting and swelling may be necessary. I spent $35 on my stacks.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
A cheap DIY idea is to use the elbows in the stock air cleaner. I know several people have done this in the past and put filters on the ends. Keep an eye out on e-bay for the speed* stacks and make your own filters (use Uni's) for them. I got a pair for $83 with no instuctions and missing the AIS plates. AIS plates can be made from a piece of aluminum using the bracket for a template. A little black paint and no one will ever know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts