RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when you install BAK then remove right air box, are you guys fabricating the velocity stacks,the ram-air, or in bill1943's case the S&S air cleaner, from let's say, Harley parts?
when you make these air cleaners do they function as air cleaners (such as sucking air to throttle boddies)or are they just looks?
thanks
girlzwarrior

·
Registered
872 Posts
They are just for looks. I used a stock S&S E and G type stack and had a bracket made.
But all they do is hide the ugly fuel injection system. The actual air cleaners are under the tank if you do the BAK that billh has on his web page or that Baron's is selling.

Some people use a bent stack like a forcewinder to redirect air under the tank. Unless it connects to the airbox and you don't do the BAK then the only thing that one of these will do is to redirect air under the tank. How much air? Or is there a difference? I don't know.

If you like the bracket I have...I can trace it out on paper and send it to you if you like.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do like your bracket! Is that a velocity stack type "horn" thingy and can I use one form a harley and just bolt it to the bracket?

Your bike is looking great! I really like the way you cleaned up the bars and showing off the big tire.

·
Registered
115 Posts
check out my aircleaner cover it has the same lines as the tank. if you like it i can ship one to you it's 190 plus shipping. the pic is in the gallery

·
Registered
872 Posts
For everyone that wants a tracing of my bracket. Please don't get alarmed. I have been busting my ass with some mods, but I promise to get that in the mail this week!!!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no problem COS, (I subscribe to that cult[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]) I will apprecitate the pattern whenever you can get to it.
thankz

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can you email me a pitcher of your air cleaner set up my emails is [email protected] I am very interested
quote:Originally posted by tnwarrior

check out my aircleaner cover it has the same lines as the tank. if you like it i can ship one to you it's 190 plus shipping. the pic is in the gallery
[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Cult - WHAT's THE DEAL? I am trying to find you in the gallery - and I can't locate your userid ANYWHERE. There is no Cult of Speed listed when I try to view it. Can you post a link directly to your photo of the air cleaner?

THANKS.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts