RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a set of velocity stacks and started to go to work on the install...after about ten minutes i realized that i couldn't figure it out...the box came with no directions...anyone have the same problem, or know where to find the instructions at?....they are the speedstar velocity stacks....any help would be appreciated..

·
Administrator
30,097 Posts
To disassemble the stock parts, like the silencer (airbox), see the service manual. If you don't have one, look for a post called Popular Mods and near the topyou'll find a link to an e-copy of the 2002 service manual for free. Its accurate for this work for all model years. Then search this site (or look thru Popular Mods under INTAKE) for BAK and VBAK andDIY BAK, and you'll find plenty of instructions.

What do you plan to do with the sensors that come off the airbox? Akitadog made up a batch of sensor and coil relocation plates and he probably has some left. As a member you get a better price.

Do you have a plan to re-tune for advantaging the extra air?

This stack mod will be easier than you think, but match-mark every hose or wire you disconnect. Seriously, every one. I'd also recommend tagging the two sensor ports that are bare (have no hose) to avoid problems later. This sensor area is the spot so many members stumble at and its very hard to work it out later.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Sent PM with steps for removal of stock parts.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Speedstar Velocity Stacks Install Instructions

Any Yamaha dealer can pull the install instructions as a pdf from their Yamaha Dealer System within the Tech Library. Instructions are very clear and pretty easy to follow with some mechanical know how. You can always try to PM me as well, I keep them on file.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts