RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I've used nothing but Amsoil in the Warrior and the Road Star before it, as well as in my Nissan Pathfinder...I won't use anything else. In -40 c, the Pathfinder fires up without being plugged in at all. (and that was with summer oil too, 20-W50!!) The Warrior loves Amsoil too.[^]

·
Registered
69 Posts
Motorcycle Consumer News did the most comprihensive independent study I ever read on the subject. It was about 5 years ago and they were an independent group which accepts no advertisments in there mag. I no longer get it because the cost for the subscription was too high.

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Yup....interesting article. Can't help but be skeptical as they are the authors [/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]I'll continue to use Valvoline 4 Stroke Motorcycle Oil SAE 10w40 petroleum base every 3500~4000 miles [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
272 Posts
In this day and time, If you publish something that degrades another product, you will get your pants sued off if your findings are incorrect.
AMSOIL was the first synthetic and in my opinion the best oil on the market.
A friend and I changed our bikes over to AMSOIL. He is not a motor head so he had no idea it could give him more power. After one ride he was asking me if I noticed a increase in power!
by the way, YES I DID! Did you guys know if you run AMSOIL and a AMSOIL filter in your car or truck they recommend you changing oil every 24,000 miles or once a year. Thats one oil change a year! WOO-HOO!
AMSOIL is in everything I own. Try it and you will be sold too.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Mobile 1 man myself. Everything gets the proper oil except my law mower and it has a quart of Castrol Syntec in it that was sitting on the shelf. I went away from dino oil a long time ago and didn't look back.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
very thorough research into oils, very good stuff....

i personally use mobil 1 vtwin, it got 2nd out of the 50w oils, and im ok with that, as i can buy it locally...

i do have to take this with a grain of salt however, as its published by amsoil....

why would you publish something if it showed your product is inferior? you could even skew the results to your favor.... im not saying that these results are false, but they could easily leave out test were there oil performed poorly, or even used a "super batch" of there own oil....

there is no doubt in my mind amsoil is good oil, no, make that great oil. but being so utterly good, nothing else compares?

maybe im just jaded by marketing practices...

·
Registered
598 Posts
You make a good point, Onager, but between the results from unsolicited oil analyses and the personal experiences here, I'd still say you could do a lot worse than Amsoil. That's likely the one I'm going to use when I do my own oil changes. (I let the shop do the first one.. 600 mile service and all that)

·
Registered
679 Posts
For the skeptical people here did you bother to read page 26 which showed a signed affidavit saying that the testing was performed FOR Amsoil & the results were obtained following procedures approved by the(ASTM)American Society of Testing & Materials?

AMSoil's cheaper shipped to your door than Mobil1(good oil) but #1 so why settle for 2nd best that costs more$.You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

The AMSoil users here are sticking with the best.As for the rest, do what you think is best.Links for AMSoil & their preffered customer discount @$20 a year.> https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=289
https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/pref.aspx

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Most truck drivers and RV drivers I know use Amsoil, but I do realize that is large desiel engines compared to our twins. My thoughts are still to change over in the spring. Been running it in our dirt bikes for 2 years and it stays pretty clean and holds properties well.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Great info--thank you. Interesting results on the Royal Purple. Wonder what the suppliers would say? Another $10-$30 for an oil change is cheap insurance to me so I'll be continuing with the Mobil V-Twin.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Now remember, they're torture-testing the oils in these tests. Probably not going to encounter these extremes in your Warrior.

Also they have decided that more Zinc is always better but don't say how much zinc is "enough". I don't see phosporus listed. Did I miss it?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
That really cemented my belief that the Mobil 1 VTWIN 20w50 is worth the increased cost vs. Yamalube.

It ranked #2 overall, just a hair behind AMSOIL.

But it also proves that the Yamalube is good stuff too, and there is no reason to fear using it.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts