RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first jean vest and have military related patches to put on it including 3 piece military veteran related patches for the back of the vest (see photo)!

My question is about the back patches, would it be an issue with the 1% or 3% bikers? Seems to be a lot of controversy about 3 piece patches or is that only about bikers in clubs etc! I'm not in a MC club but will be riding with the Patriot Guard Riders again shortly!

Attachments

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,868 Posts
Only talking about the specific layout you have posted, just avoid rockers that indicate territory like state or city etc. Also, don't add club rockers like president or Sgt at Arms that indicate a club. You can rock a patch showing your scooter info.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not affiliated with any MC clubs but have ridden with the Patriot Guard Riders in my state previously and starting back up soon!

My last motorcycle was a Goldwing but had to sell it in 2012 due to finances and didn't ride anything until October 2021 when I got my big 600cc Honda Silverwing scooter which I need to sell due to the roads being so bad in my area! Small tires and suspension not suited for it. Looking to get a 2022 Honda 750x motorcycle if I can find one.

·
Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
3,501 Posts
I'm not affiliated with any MC clubs but have ridden with the Patriot Guard Riders in my state previously and starting back up soon!

My last motorcycle was a Goldwing but had to sell it in 2012 due to finances and didn't ride anything until October 2021 when I got my big 600cc Honda Silverwing scooter which I need to sell due to the roads being so bad in my area! Small tires and suspension not suited for it. Looking to get a 2022 Honda 750x motorcycle if I can find one.
So… do you not have, or are not interested in acquiring, a Road Star Warrior? Asking for a friend.

·
Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
3,501 Posts
No idea what that is!
While I’m not going to tell you you’re in the wrong spot, 99.9% of what this entire forum discusses is about that model motorcycle, hence the RSWARRIOR in the website title. Here’s what a stock one looks like from back when they were being produced.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
2007 Yamaha Road Star Warrior XV17PC
197 Posts
Hey guys,

After consulting the solons of the forum I started wearing a vest with only this patch on the front a couple months ago. It's 3.5" and over my left breast pocket.

I've already been checked out by some club members while stopping for gas here in my little town. They saw me pull in and one came over to size me up. I think it was the red and white colors that got their attention. Once he saw what's what and we chatted they went on their way, no problem.

My question is if I put an 11" version across the upper back is any attention likely to be more serious?
Rectangle Font Automotive tire Logo Slope

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,868 Posts
Just avoid duplicating the arrangement, don't use rockers and don't mention any region or territory. I've seen plenty of full-back single patches and front chest patches. Heck my vest (like many others) is covered in ride patches, events, and loud pipes save lives etc patches received over years.

The only big clubs that I have seen left alone are Star Riding and the Honda riders club. They have regions states etc but are accepted via something akin to a truce. But riding alone in even those colors is risky.

Mostly, just don't worry about it and don't be an arse on the road, right!!

·
Registered
2007 Yamaha Road Star Warrior XV17PC
197 Posts
😄

·
Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
3,501 Posts
Just avoid duplicating the arrangement, don't use rockers and don't mention any region or territory. I've seen plenty of full-back single patches and front chest patches. Heck my vest (like many others) is covered in ride patches, events, and loud pipes save lives etc patches received over years.

The only big clubs that I have seen left alone are Star Riding and the Honda riders club. They have regions states etc but are accepted via something akin to a truce. But riding alone in even those colors is risky.

Mostly, just don't worry about it and don't be an arse on the road, right!!
In Los Angeles, even the Star club couldn’t put regions on our vests. I was a member in 2004 and local law enforcement said, “Just take off the patch and don’t cause problems.” We could wear the big one, just not regions. But once we split up, I covered my vest to avoid issues. Just not worth possible mistaken identity. Some will act on colors alone without actually investigating. I’d say you got lucky.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've been diving into this type of question for a couple of months now. I've learned a few things myself. I would say first, here in the states, it really depends on where you live and the type of clubs in your area. For instance I live in the region of my state where there is no 1% MC presence. That is quite different than say, riding with colors in Texas. But, I've learned one thing that is often agreed upon is that there is a difference between a Motorcycle Club and a Riding Club.

Motorcycle clubs take 3 piece patches seriously if you are claiming a territory (usually but not always the bottom rocker) and customarily identify as a club with an accompanying MC patch or the letters MC. Riding clubs can have back patches too, but generally do not claim a territory. You can go down a rabbit hole researching the rules and regulations and spoken and unspoken code of conducts about these motorcycle clubs and their colors and patches, but on the whole, if you are wearing that vest with those patches and just out riding with buddies, you will be just fine.

While I don't agree with the type of culture the 1%er groups propagate, I do find it fascinating the undying loyalty that they share for their fellow riders and club.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts