RS Warrior Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
3,501 Posts
I've been diving into this type of question for a couple of months now. I've learned a few things myself. I would say first, here in the states, it really depends on where you live and the type of clubs in your area. For instance I live in the region of my state where there is no 1% MC presence. That is quite different than say, riding with colors in Texas. But, I've learned one thing that is often agreed upon is that there is a difference between a Motorcycle Club and a Riding Club.

Motorcycle clubs take 3 piece patches seriously if you are claiming a territory (usually but not always the bottom rocker) and customarily identify as a club with an accompanying MC patch or the letters MC. Riding clubs can have back patches too, but generally do not claim a territory. You can go down a rabbit hole researching the rules and regulations and spoken and unspoken code of conducts about these motorcycle clubs and their colors and patches, but on the whole, if you are wearing that vest with those patches and just out riding with buddies, you will be just fine.

While I don't agree with the type of culture the 1%er groups propagate, I do find it fascinating the undying loyalty that they share for their fellow riders and club.
Perfectly stated!

I did a similar rabbit hole dig a few years ago after hearing about an incident and the guy swore he was in the right and was ready to pick a fight with a 1% MC. EVERYONE told him to take his post down and keep his head down. You see them, YIELD to them. As my dad use to say... "You can be right, or you can be dead right." Sometimes, rules, regulations, code of conducts, etc. don't mean anything. If someone feels you crossed them, it all goes out the window and it's you against them...

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I used to rock a vest with a large back patch and rocker. Never had any issues with mc's but I did get pulled over for it by the cops. They detained me due to a bar fight that happened a couple blocks away and considered me part of it due to my vest patches. I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I removed my patches after that and honestly don't even wear the vest anymore. My wife never cared for the whole leather and biker image and I feel the same way now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,651 Posts
Well if you want the Warrior patch that should be ok. What raises eyebrows will be....
The 3 patch arrangement. The name of the club, the logo and then the region will be the bottom rocker.
Also with real clubs they will also have on the back a patch that says "MC" stating that they are in fact a Motorcycle Club. SO identifying as a club you need to be accepted by the local charter that runs that area.
Also stay away from putting a 1% patch anywhere on your vest.

·
Registered
2003 Yamaha Road Star Warrior
1,193 Posts
Here in Queensland the Government has banned patches on the back eg. Hells Angels, Coffincheaters etc. The reason for this is the crackdown on the businesses these groups get up to. Drugs, murder etc. However the realised that not all patched riders do this sort of thing. As an example the Ulysses Club is made up of over 50’s retired riders, these are usually ex lawyers, teachers etc. this Club like many others do a lot of charity work. So now instead of the police pulling you up and booking you, they just google the name and leave you in peace.
I don’t know how it works in American, but here you can be a 1%er without belonging to any club. It’s just a state of mind and not determined by the herd mentality.

·
Premium Member
5,651 Posts
Here in Queensland the Government has banned patches on the back eg. Hells Angels, Coffincheaters etc. The reason for this is the crackdown on the businesses these groups get up to. Drugs, murder etc. However the realised that not all patched riders do this sort of thing. As an example the Ulysses Club is made up of over 50’s retired riders, these are usually ex lawyers, teachers etc. this Club like many others do a lot of charity work. So now instead of the police pulling you up and booking you, they just google the name and leave you in peace.
I don’t know how it works in American, but here you can be a 1%er without belonging to any club. It’s just a state of mind and not determined by the herd mentality.
If you put a 1% patch or a Club name with a location/territory rocker on your vest be assured that someone from a MC will confront you about it. Seen it a couple of times happen.

·
Registered
2007 Yamaha Road Star Warrior XV17PC
197 Posts
I've been diving into this type of question for a couple of months now. I've learned a few things myself. I would say first, here in the states, it really depends on where you live and the type of clubs in your area. For instance I live in the region of my state where there is no 1% MC presence. That is quite different than say, riding with colors in Texas. But, I've learned one thing that is often agreed upon is that there is a difference between a Motorcycle Club and a Riding Club.

Motorcycle clubs take 3 piece patches seriously if you are claiming a territory (usually but not always the bottom rocker) and customarily identify as a club with an accompanying MC patch or the letters MC. Riding clubs can have back patches too, but generally do not claim a territory. You can go down a rabbit hole researching the rules and regulations and spoken and unspoken code of conducts about these motorcycle clubs and their colors and patches, but on the whole, if you are wearing that vest with those patches and just out riding with buddies, you will be just fine.

While I don't agree with the type of culture the 1%er groups propagate, I do find it fascinating the undying loyalty that they share for their fellow riders and club.
I'm not sure how many or what type MCs we have here in western CO but I know we have some. I've already been checked once, I believe, because I was wearing my vest with the Warrior patch over my left breast pocket shown above and just happened to catch the eye of a couple club members at a gas station. I've been told anything with red and white in it will likely draw attention. You are right that after looking me over and asking a few innocuous questions they went on their way. I've thought about putting an 11" version across my upper back but just don't want that kind of attention.

That, and I can't help remembering the campy 1979 gang-banger movie, "The Warriors" and dread the prospect of anybody pinning that on me. :confused:

Jeans Human Font Entertainment Movie

·
Premium Member
5,651 Posts
Yes anything red & white means the Hells Angles that's why.
I'm not sure how many or what type MCs we have here in western CO but I know we have some. I've already been checked once, I believe, because I was wearing my vest with the Warrior patch over my left breast pocket shown above and just happened to catch the eye of a couple club members at a gas station. I've been told anything with red and white in it will likely draw attention. You are right that after looking me over and asking a few innocuous questions they went on their way. I've thought about putting an 11" version across my upper back but just don't want that kind of attention.

That, and I can't help remembering the campy 1979 gang-banger movie, "The Warriors" and dread the prospect of anybody pinning that on me. :confused:

View attachment 257644

21 - 30 of 30 Posts