RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished watching the evening news about the bushfires in Victoria. 65 people have already lost their lives to the fires which were believed to be deliberately lit.

I pray all you guys and your families have came through this unscathed, and I really hope those bastards that lit the fires get whats coming to them.

All the best fellas, let us know if your all ok.

Tosh.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Thanks Tosh.

We are probably the closest to where some of the big fires where.

It looks like Gregs favourite riding area is gone. Kinglake.

Only recently I went riding with a fewfriends up through Marysville and through the hills. The only thing left in Marysville is the bakery now. The rest all gone. The town of Kinglake is completely gone.

Took thispicture about 8pm this evening of the sunset, rainbow & smoke.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
yeah those fires made news over here in the states too. stay safe guys

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Be Careful done there guys.

As all the guys up north.

Two bloody extremes, floodings and droughts..... is mother nature taking revenge??

Dutch..

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
****** said:
Took thispicture about 8pm this evening of the sunset, rainbow & smoke.

Love the pic! I hope you all stay safe! I know how fast and destructive those fires can be. We were fortunate this past year and had a pretty wet summer. The largest fire this year was just over 500 acres, which is like a camp fire compared to the normal summer here and what you fella's are facing. Make sure you guys get out and cut any and all grass/weeds, pick up any combustables (logs, lumber, ect.)at least a hundred feet away from yourhouse or any other structure you have. Ideally if you have a tactor, cut a line around your place to slow down the spread.Again stay safe fella's!!

·
Registered
741 Posts
It's safe here in the suburbs of Melbourne but we all know someone who has been touched.

My sisters house in Bendigo was a bit closer to the action though. About 100 metres from the flames. She was lucky.

105 and climbing is the death toll. This is hard to comprehend.

I'm feeling a bit shattered this morning emotional and teary. So many tragic storys, a family of 6 getting caught in their car, people calling their kids to say goodbye as the flames engulfed them...... etc etc etc. So may beautiful places wiped off the map. This is horrendous

It was 46C and the wind was blowing at 100 KPH and that's how fast the infernos were travelling. People in the path had no chance.

And they many of these fires were deliberately lit.........would I love to get my hands on one of those pr1cks........

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
G'day Fellas,

Just got back from the field and saw the destruction down in Vic. Man I hope they catch the bastards that started these fires. My best wishes and prayers to you ALL and your families and friends, I hope that you ALL came through this unscathed (physically at least).

Lets have a roll call and make sure that ALL our brothers in Vic are still with us.

Some one down there must have their phone numbers, could you please do a ring around and check that we have not miss placed one. Remembering that some may not have computer access now. If you can't raise them then let's try a ride around.

The good ride spots will come back again as they always do, but our brothers are fagile and only get one shot at life. This is not a rehearsal.

Please if you could and are able to repond to this let us know that you are SAFE.

I'm sure that I speak on behalf of ALL Warrior riders in Aust and others, that you all stay safe and that you are being watched over.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Thanks Hans,

Arrived in Melb yesterday after a week in NZ with my elderly parents. Could not believe what had happenned on Sat. Scenes of incredible devastation. The pilot warned the passengers of possible burning smells in the plane because of the fires.

Of the Vic warriors, I think ****** is the only one living near the bush.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Was just going to write a similar post as Hans did, but could not have done a better job of wording this than Hans.

My contribution is to bump this to the top, so is everybody safe????

We have a reasonable following in that part of Aussie, so wo is ok, and who is not accounted for (yet)

And let me (us) know if we can help from our side.

Dutch

·
Registered
741 Posts
"Helped me to ensure my family was ok "

Dutchy, it sounds like you've confimed your family's all good.That's great but if youre not sure about anything let us know and we'll check it out.

I feel like I need to do something. I almost feel guilty for being ok, out of harms way when so many so close have been so devastated.

I just watched a guy on the news telling how he crawled into a water drain under the road and had flames coming from both ends and woman who survived by clawing her way into a wombat burrow as the fire front passed over. I can't imagine being faced with these situations.

I don't even feel like getting on my bike ......... I used to ride to Kinglake for a pie for lunch -sensational twisties getting there- my excuse to not work,,,,,,,

Kinglake doesn't exist anymore.

Pleas donate to the red cross, these farkers need it

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I hopeall of you and yours stay safe, I heard on the radio tonight that supposedly

some muslim cleric down your way is urging muslims to start more fires.

If it's true I'm sure you guys will hear about it.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I hadn't heard that so I did a search and found that in September last year there was such a call from an Islamic website. Muslims in Australia, U.S,, Europe and Russia were called to light fires in Summer as an act of terrorism.

I hope that's all there is to it....

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
The fires are still a distance away, but it is beginning to creep closer on 2 sides. Healesville seems to be getting quite serious, and Gembrookon the other side are being advised to make plans to either stay or leave.That side of the hills worries me more, because if it catches, there is nothing but bush in between them & us.

There have been fires in Emerald as well (12km down the road) and there was also a spot fire very close this afternoon as well.

We have started packing a couple of bags of essentials, hoping of course it wont be needed, but rather safe than sorry.

Not worried yet, but if the temperature goes up at the weekend as expected, and the wind stays as strong as today, it could make things interesting.

Will keep you guys up to date.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
You be careful mate,

House etc can be replaced, family cannot......

Watch it and do not hesitate to run when gut instinct tells you to.

Stay safe..

Dutch

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Been watching the fires on the news. . . . best wishes to you all . . . hope the winds keep the fire at bay.

·
Registered
741 Posts
******, I had a look at the rain radar earliertoday cos the bureau forecast some showers and I thought well at least the rain's falling in the fire zones. Then I realised the radar wasn't showing rain it was the smoke from the fires. Then I saw that one of them wasn't too far from you.........

Right now, according to the radar, that fire has dissipated. Relief.

Mate, there's more hot weather coming. If it flares up again and the wind forecast doesn't look good, don't fark around, get your ugly ar8e out of there. And do it a day in advance, this sh!t aint worth messin' with. There's 3 empty bedrooms here for you and your family if you need to bolt.

Stay safe

1 - 20 of 32 Posts