RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read the Feb Cycle World article on the Hammer. Nice bike. But, it seems like a more expensive Warrior ($16,499.00) Granted it has the 250 rear rubbver, but c'mon. What pisses me off is, they compare it to the HD's and it blows them away, but they always compare big inch sport cruisers to the V-Max. Why? The Warrior is a more appropriate camparo. I'm showing my Warrior owner pride here, but it bothers me. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I like the Hammer. Victory does their designs right and seems to be making some good choices. The reliable Polaris was the first good choice and now they have Arlen Ness working with them? That hammer is a sweet bike to say the least. While I love my warrior, I still wouldn't mind having one as the look awesome right off the showroom floor. Just my opinion. But yes, they should stop comparing cruisers (especially other V-Twins) to the V-Max. It just doesn't make sense. The V-Max rider position, engine config, looks, etc are still really in a unique class. It was and always will be all horsepower!

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
That is one nice machine. Warrior wannabe...?I think not. It's what most all of us are making our bike to look like anyway. Tank molded to seat, 240 rear tire, chopped rear fender, painted body parts, chrome and billet? So, do you buy a Warrior for 12k - add accesories, performance enhancements, custom body and paint, or buy one ready to run for the same price? Lately I'm thinking a turn-key bike is a good proposition.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
quote: Lately I'm thinking a turn-key bike is a good proposition.

Haha, there is no such creature, especially for you.

·
Registered
440 Posts
That bike is 100hp stock. Not us. The v-max is 100hp stock. G0 figure. Why do they compare them to HD's? Because Harley owners look at those bikes as options but not our jap bikes. Simple and sad. I still own a Harley but would never buy one again. I always tell people to look at the Warrior 1st. To each their own.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I think The Hammer is 80 hp not 100. It's very nice, but I would take my $10,800 out the door Warrior any day over the $16,500.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
quote:Originally posted by JPWARRIOR

Lately I'm thinking a turn-key bike is a good proposition.

When I bought my Warrior I thought it was turnkey... then I found RSWarrior.com

·
Registered
559 Posts
Monstrddg, you got that one right. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

When I bought my Warrior I picked up a Propipe, lower cowl, and boulevard windscreen. I thought I was done aside from a few little chrome doodads. Then I find this place and it doesn't seem to ever stop.

I have always thought Victory puts out some really nice bikes. I'd rather put the money into a Victory than into a Harley. The Victory is more my style.

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
Heres a pic of Decembers WOM sitting on a Hammer at a local bike show. Is he considering switching? I hope not!

·
Registered
523 Posts
I saw some in a dealership. I like the 250, and stretched tank. They are nice bikes, but i'm sticking with the warrior for sure.

All the victory bikes are pretty cool, but I don't get excited everytime when I see them like I do the warrior.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I like the hammer but I think the frame and controls are butt ugly.Also I could have less money into the warrior and have a better bike.I have not ridden the hammer but I doubt the handling would be in the same league as the warrior.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I agree with DarkStar on that one. If there was no warrior, or the hammer was out first. My ass would be on a hammer for sure.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I agree. Victory has gone where HD hasn't. They have produced an air cooled v-twin bike that has the same 0-60 time as the warrior outa the box, a great braking system and wrapped it in a very nice package with factory produced stage I, II, performance systems, etc. I understand it won't be out till this spring. Congrats to the other American motorcycle company!

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sangathor

quote: Lately I'm thinking a turn-key bike is a good proposition.

Haha, there is no such creature, especially for you.

HA! back, you haven't seen my near stock R6! The mudflap and reflectors are still intact 2 years later, and if it weren't for a paint defect in the tank the dork stickers would still be there too. Sure I'd do a little tweaking to the Hammer, but nothing like I've done to this bike.[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]... or so I'd like to think. Hey Carknee, is there gonna be a Hammer.com?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
yes sir, hammer time!!![^] i would have one too if it weren't for the warrior. already made my choice, stickin with it.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]
i also thought the warrior to be turn-key until all u junkies got me hooked. dam u guys!!!!he,he.[8D][/emoticons/emotion-5.gif][/emoticons/emotion-3.gif)]

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
polaris is a nice company I bought a sweet jet ski from them but then i get a e-mail saying this is the last year they are producing jet skis ..... that sucks maybe they arent doing that good , nice bike though !

1 - 20 of 32 Posts