RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
was just admiring the hammer in motor cyclist the other day, love the streched tank and obviosuly the rear meat. its a very clean bike which i like. and love that it has 6spd. warrior could use that,, but the price is still too much IMO

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I sat on the very same Bike and what I did like about it that i noticed right away is that the Bike seems lite as ****. Then the little removable cowl is also a cool idea. If you look closel...it is behind the seat. I never saw it with it on....but was told about it and it sounded like a cool idea.

quote:Originally posted by vector18

Heres a pic of Decembers WOM sitting on a Hammer at a local bike show. Is he considering switching? I hope not!

·
Registered
394 Posts
The reason the hammer is so much like a Warrior is that they hired guys who own warriors to help design it! I was one of them. I went to several sessions with Victory and gave them all the info in what the Warrior is missing. Like the 6 speed tranny and the big rear tire. The engine is 100 ci and 92 horses out of the box. The Hammer also had several modifications by us to help it handle like our Warriors. They gave us several prototypes to ride and evaluate. We helped them design everything from the signal lights to the wheels. They were great to work with and they took our opinions to heart to create a really nice bike. They had the price set long before we were invited to Victory, that and the engine color were the only things they wouldn't change. I still might have to find room in the garage for one.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Right on there DaveRio. I just bought an '05 Warrior, but I truely appreciate all bikes. Victory has done a great job on all of their models. My twin bro has a Victory Vegas, which I have rode several times. It's a great ride, and I am sure the Hammer is too. Don't get me wrong though...I LOVE my Warrior. I am a Yamaha guy all the way, but Victory makes a great bike as well. Sure beats the heck out of a Harley.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That bike is 100hp stock. Not us. The v-max is 100hp stock. G0 figure. Why do they compare them to HD's? Because Harley owners look at those bikes as options but not our jap bikes. Simple and sad. I still own a Harley but would never buy one again. I always tell people to look at the Warrior 1st. To each their own.
Oh god i know this post is ancient. But callin a vmax 100hp is jus fuckin wrong. 115-120hp stock. To the wheel. The hammer is like 85hp to wheel at best. And the warrior is lucky to hit 80hp to the rear. The max is leagues upon leagues ahead of those two, literal and figurative.

·
Administrator
28,956 Posts
Oh god i know this post is ancient. But callin a vmax 100hp is jus fuckin wrong. 115-120hp stock. To the wheel. The hammer is like 85hp to wheel at best. And the warrior is lucky to hit 80hp to the rear. The max is leagues upon leagues ahead of those two, literal and figurative.
Yep the original in 1985 was 145hp/80tq. Well after that thread the new model pumped 197hp/120tq. But it was just a bunch of bikers talking! Besides, its v2 and v4 so apples and oranges.

Welcome aboard, what do you ride?!

·
Registered
751 Posts
I have spoken to a couple of Harley riders and they ask what sort of bike mine is. When I give them the full title they all have said that they had heard of them. I usually leave it there, but they all said it’s a mean mutha😎😎🐝

·
Registered
751 Posts
Well I must be frank or maybe ernest here, but I had never heard of a RSW until I found mine online. Remember there was 35 years gap in my riding experience. When I first saw it I said to myself “ what the farkkkk is it and I gotta have it”. There were a few teething problems when I got it, but when the dealer sorted it out it was time to get use to it. I concentrated more on the forward controls than what it could do. I remember the first time I gave it it’s head though “ farkkkkk me what have I got here”. It scared the living daylights out of me lol. Then two things happened. I found GD Warrior on you tube then I found this site. Even today nearly 12 months down the track I know I have a monster that has to be respected. Yes she has had some bumps and bruises ( not by me ), but now my Warrior has taken in a persona thanks to Thommy. Now she is The Bumblebee ( I totally embrace that ). The reason why I do is because I don’t give a schiet what people think. Now that I have the fairing a deep BB decal will be on the front of it. My helmet will have a large BB on the back and tiny BB on each side. To me BB has a sting in her tail and she is ready to take on all comers. Mind you she has to convince to take on all comers lol😎😎🐝

21 - 32 of 32 Posts