RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from a marketing group discussion for Victory Motorcycle. There was 6 of us in the group and 4 owned Warriors. The other 2 were Harley and Victory owners.

They showed us about 10 new bike designs. They wouldn't tell us what manufacturer they represented, but it was obvious from the engine design that it was Victory. They wanted to know what we liked and didn't like about the designs. By the end of the 2 hours we narrowed it down to 2 bike designs that we all preferred. They also wanted to know what features we would change from the different bikes. The bike was styled a lot like the new Victory Vegas. The tank and engine was exactly the same as the new Vegas. It is going to have a 1634 cc, 100CI engine with 90BHP, 6 speed transmission, 250 MM rear tire, 120 MPH top end, 4.8 gal tank, and weigh approx 650lbs.

They had one wall in the room that had a 1-way mirror so we couldn't see them but they could see us.

After the meeting was over several of us were talking in the parking lot and some guys came out of the building. We determined they were the ones behind the glass, so we asked them who they represented. They wouldn't say and started to climb into a truck with Wisconsin plates and Polaris, Victory stickers on the window. (for those who don't know the victory motors and components are made in Osceola, WI. The parts are then shipped to Spirit Lake, IA for assembly) After calling them on it they conceeded that they were with Victory.
After the greetings were out of the way, we started asking a lot of questions. They let us know we were helping them design the next generation of their vegas bike. They admitted that they didn't like the fact that the Warrior and several other Japanese bikes had beat the pants off of there bike. They fully intend to compete and beat all bikes in this market niche. They are considering allowing us to custom order the different components on their next generation of bikes. Kind of neat to think I had some small part in what I might be riding in a few years.

·
Registered
683 Posts
a friend of mine at work got a victory in june,2002 v92 cruiser with no bags.he had pipes ,air kit and fi remapped before he picked it up.i have never road raced him on the highway but he keeps pretty close,light to light.his bike is geared alot different than the warrior...while he might stay close in traffic i think that when i hit 4th he would be gone.off the line he was hitting 3rd when i would hit 2nd.i am not sure what the #s are for his set up but the stock #s are comparable with the warrior stock.it is a nice classic style bike but i sure don't like the jugs,they look odd to me.btw when i was playing with him my bike was bone stock.since victory designed the freedom motor reveiws have been good.i have heard that when you need parts though they can be difficult to get

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm a BIG fan of Victory. I wanted to buy their "Sport" cruiser (I liked the big pipe), but the cost was higher than I liked and it still needed some refinements. I've seen a few pictures of their latest line of motorcycles and without a doubt they are the only bikes that beats the Warrior in the fit an finish department. All the lines are hidden and the seams are smoothed, the tail light looks to be frenched in. Just lovely. I hope this brings them into a good place with buyers. I'd love to see what they would do if they built a bike more like the Warrior. BUT fact is...it'll still be 3-4 grand more than my bike. And if I spend another 3 grand on my Warrior I'd have a bike not many cruisers could beat. In looks or in function. We really do have a great great bike, and this is coming from a guy that would never ever have thought to buy a cruiser. **** I sold my Supermotard (very very different type of bike if know what they are) to get the Warrior, I was so smitten.[^]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts