RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone ever race a victory vegas? I got into it with one yesterday. straightline I couldnt shake him. we never got a chance to hit the twisties. I never really cared for the victory line. Dont like the way the jugs look but this was a good looking bike in all black with 2-2 radius pipes

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
My son test drove a kingpin, it has the same motor as the vegas. He said it was on par with the warrior power wise.

·
Registered
452 Posts
100 CID Vegas or 106 CID Vegas Jackpot? I rode a Hammer at a demo the other day..pretty much the same bike as the Jackpot that I can see except the 21" front tire on the front vs the 18 on the hammer...Handling..seemed a little heavy, probably because of the 240 rear, comfort...lacking something...106 power...wow, I think I'll punch my warrior out, asit hauls as*s...I would imagine the 100 CID isn't bad either, i'm thinking the 21" and little extra rake on the Vegas may affect the handling but the 180 on the back vs the 240 on the jackpot may make it a little quicker in the turns.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Must of been the new 106. My father has the 2007 Vegas Jackpot 100 and I'll pull him every time.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
At the track on Friday there was a Jackpot and a kingpin. They were throwing down some 13.1 sec 1/4 miles when I was looking at the times on the board. The best I could do on my S* equipped warrior was 12.7 sec at the same track.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I always thought the 8-ball was a good looking bike, I think at the time I was buying it was reasonably priced. I didn't like the drive and the exhuast together on the same side. Motor felt pretty stout when I demo 'd.

·
Registered
519 Posts
At Bikes,Blues & B.B.Q. last year I test rode all of the Victory line up. The power was good but the trannys were the worst of any bikes I rode. Very cluncky.

·
Registered
452 Posts
C-one said:
At Bikes,Blues & B.B.Q. last year I test rode all of the Victory line up. The power was good but the trannys were the worst of any bikes I rode. Very cluncky.
Agree...Tranny is very noisy....6th gear is great...if only Yamaha would do a 6th gear...

·
Registered
20 Posts
My buddy has a 07" vegas. From a stop i pull a quick 5-6 bikes on him and slowly pull away.From a 30 mph roll to 110 i pull a 2-3 bike lengths on him and very slowly pull away till 100. Once we hit 100, we stayed even. He has just pipes, mine had a vbak, bigshots, and a PCIII.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thats kind of the way it was for me.from about a 15mph roll onI got him by 2-3 bike lengths at first and then hestayed with me until I let off at 100. I easily had 100lbs on the guy so Im sure that slowed me down some and **** maybe he was a better rider than me

·
Registered
523 Posts
megawatt said:
At the track on Friday there was a Jackpot and a kingpin. They were throwing down some 13.1 sec 1/4 miles when I was looking at the times on the board. The best I could do on my S* equipped warrior was 12.7 sec at the same track.

I was ran several 12.6's and 12.7's with just barrons BAK and samson shorties. Do you just have the speed star pipes or other speed star stuff?

My brother with a 110 and samson ground pounders and a 240 without having a map was running 11.8 or 11.9.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Camel said:
megawatt said:

I was ran several 12.6's and 12.7's with just barrons BAK and samson shorties. Do you just have the speed star pipes or other speed star stuff?

My brother with a 110 and samson ground pounders and a 240 without having a map was running 11.8 or 11.9.
The elevation in Vegas is half a mile above sea level. If you can run
12.6's without going into the engine you must be at a track at a lower
elevation and not as hot as it is here in the desert. A Warrior with 110" engine with patrick racing cams, pro-pipe, ported
heads will still run in the very low 12's here in Vegas. It is hard to run fast up here in the desert.

But yes, my warrior had the S* kit and muzzys full exhaust and tuned by NHRA pro stock bike racer Steve Johnson's crew chief.

Dyno Run Linky

1 - 12 of 12 Posts