RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yikes... suppose it was too much to just move it.. I thuoght it was a general type of question .. idea... whatever......

So well heres the question again....

Hey how about setting up a topic just for videos so we dont have to keep searching around for them?[?]

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
I hate to say it, but I think this one is getting locked as well. There's already a topic going about "New Site Requests". And you can't merge one topic into another.

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
I think that's a great idea. A videos only topic. I've been getting a few PM's asking me some questions on how to so I am sure there will be a few more videos getting posted soon.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I see now where I shuold have posted this however, I was just trying to generate ideas and different ways to post them. Ways that wouldnt reqiure anything additional other than a topic heading. The vids are all very cool and they seem to be getting more creative in some ways. Plus I think its cool to see the different places that people from all over ride.

Frankenstein was talking about googles vid hosting site and I must say it was much smoother and faster than putfile or any of the others I have seen.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ScottsWar

Yikes... suppose it was too much to just move it.. I thuoght it was a general type of question .. idea... whatever......

Sorry I can't do it all for you. [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

The reason I didn't move it, is because it belongs in an open and active topic. I even gave you the link in which to post in. If you want Carknee to consider a site change, he will be better able to keep track of them until he gets a chance to implement them or not.

Please put your request HERE:

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22173&whichpage=3

If you want to discuss who you think is better google or putfile, that would be a separate topic that you could start in the Anything Goes thread.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
The bandwidth this site uses is already high... 40+GB month. If the site starts hosting 2MB videos, and serves them up to 1000 people, that is 2GB each video. Take into account that there are almost 8,000 members, not 1,000 and a video can be 10MB, etc...

Use putfile or google and link to it.

I will talk to the moderators about something related though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts