RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 Warrior with Bigshots and PC3. I would like to buy an air intake for it. The Speedstar intake is on back order, but now that I have seen the pictures I am not to sure I want it. Can someone tell me if there is any real gain to adding a Thunder air kit or a Hyper Charger an if so how much after puting on the Bigshots and PC3. Thank you to all that answer.

There are those that ride and there are those that drive. I ride.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
The other option is to go with pods (K&N's) on the TB's directly (aka stealth BAK), and put whatever you want in place of the stock air box...

·
Registered
889 Posts
How hard would it be to take a right side scoop and mate it to the filter on the left side? I think the symmetry would be killer.

·
Registered
889 Posts
yup- by the looks of the left side scoop it could be flipped over and somehow mated to the existing base of the teardrop housing. I like the looks of the carbon fiber one but feel that matching exactly on both sides would look better (I also like chrome better). it even looks like the fins on the stock left scoop would aim the air right at the filter for the ram air effect. Unfortunalely, my expertise lies in electrical and auto a/c (not in fabrication). I wish I had a donor scoop and airbox to disect and see if/ how it could be done. I have access to lots of a/c evaporator cases to rob for fabrication (plastic).

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Xz, The Carbon ones will be perfect mirror images of each other. The left scoop as it stands just looks gross. Sorry about the chrome thing, you could always send it out to be vacuum chrome plated just like plastic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts