RS Warrior Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Vendor
3,448 Posts
Time to upgrade again? I've already "upgraded" on this forum once before.
You upgraded on the "old" forum that was upkept by own our moderators. Now it's ran and upkept by vBulletin.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
What about the members that paid lifetime membership before the change in owners?Have we lost our lifetime status?Because my lifetime is not over yet.:D

·
Vendor
7,301 Posts
Previous to 01/01/11 it was owned by Sean AKA Carknee. It was then sold to a company called Verticlescope and the forum software was changed to Vbulletin. Our moderators have not changed. We inherted a really nice admin named Helena. The rules for the most part have not changed. Some of us had been asking for "membership" to come back and I guess it finally has. I **** near live on this site, throwing a couple bucks their way to keep it running is fine by me.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
You upgraded on the "old" forum that was upkept by own our moderators. Now it's ran and upkept by vBulletin.
Yes, I know. I was here. :)

Doesn't change the fact that I've already spent $50 to support this site in the past. I'm not up for putting in another $40 now. When the new company bought the place, there was a promise made that previous paid subscriptions would remain as such.

Otherwise, I shall remain a freebie. Maybe I'll make my own little gold image and celebrate all by myself. haha... ;)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yes, I know. I was here. :)

Doesn't change the fact that I've already spent $50 to support this site in the past. I'm not up for putting in another $40 now. When the new company bought the place, there was a promise made that previous paid subscriptions would remain as such.

Otherwise, I shall remain a freebie. Maybe I'll make my own little gold image and celebrate all by myself. haha... ;)
Do it!!:cool:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
haha, just my opinion, they bought the site planning on making money off the ad revenue. I'll be damned if I'm giving them any of my money to increase their profits which are based off of our posts! That's not the spirit that enthusiast websites are based on.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
It's also not how acquisitions and mergers work. You don't acquire a company and then tell your new customers that although they may have already paid their lifetime subscription fees, that was in the past and this is now..... time to pay for that lifetime subscription again. Well... "lifetime" until it isn't anymore. hahaha.

Anywhoooo... that's why I'm now a member of the SOOPA FLY premium lifetime club.

Now, then... I've spent way too much of my Saturday on this. Time to teach myself to install all this crown moulding I've bought.

Great site, no matter what.

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
I can't afford it. All my $ goes towards keeping my Harley running, ya know. :D

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
I've been a member here for over 8 years now, not as long as some but longer than most. I'm in the top 50% for post count and have paid the equivalent of two lifetime gold memberships. I'm not sure how they are handling the old life/gold members but....I have over 50 PMs stored and have a pic in my signature. No idea what size my avatar is or how much gallery space I have. My username isn't colored and I don't see any VIP forum to click on.

I guess I'm somewhere between their free and paid memberships. I think this is where I'll stay unless they downgrade me even more. I know what I look like so I don't care how big my avatar is. I store pics on my computer or on Tinypic so I can live without the extra gallery space. If I run out of room for PMs I'll delete some.
The really hard part for me though is that colored username. By golly I sure would like me one o them there colored usenames. I'll be losing sleep over that for sure, but I think I'll just have to spend my money on something else.

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
I just follow the sheeple..if ya need shag, I can steal a couple quarts of HD oil from my uncle and send it to ya...he bought a couple cases for next season.. :) I paid and they still took my sig pic, I paid lifetime before, and I still think if I put fucking in, they filter it, so I must not be that special..*edit..wrong on the filter part I guess..

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
I raised this same concern when the site first migrated!

and I got this answer from HELENA stating we WOULD get grandfathered in...

Heres the link to Helena's answer: http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/85-site-suggestions-feedback/169863-what-site-suggestions-forum-all-about-2.html#post2176608

Helena said:
If you payed for a year already then you get your year, you keep grandfathered into the user group you are in. and yes there will be a paid membership that does give you the things below but does not affect how you use the forum it's self. As in if you don't pay you still use the forum.
And this is the thread I opened in the site suggestions (actually first thread in that area)

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/85-site-suggestions-feedback/169876-paid-supporters.html
I would suggest to continue this topic there, it might get the administrators notice, since that forum is supposed to be monitored by them.

I love to get a Lifetime badge! :D Please?

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Interesting comments.

Limotinted, when Carknee ran this site, he did it as part of his business. He had multiple sites running, all providing services. As for this site, either you want the additional features or you do not. But if they can not make enough money to cover cost of hosting RSWARRIOR.COM, they most likely will shut it down. There will not be a lot of new members on the site since the Warrior is out of production.

I never saw the profit in the Lifetime memberships unless a site had a planned limited lifespan. The current activity on this site is about 40 - 50% of what it was when I first joined in Feb 2005. I expect activity will continue to decrease and the site owners will make less from ads and have increased cost of hosting.

This site will not continue without our support. That said, the previous owner was just trying to cover cost, the new owner is most likely looking to make a profit.

My suggestion would be make a VIP section that includes access to a politics forum, uncensored pictures forum, a requirement to post items for sale on the site, and access to special discounts with vendors. I'm sure that would get people to upgrade. I would also lower the membership prices and remove the lifetime membership opition. Also include free access to the darn app that my phone tries to download each time I access the site.

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
She is talking about a yearly membership being grandfathered but said noting about a life member. :confused:
That could be, but she also stated that you would be grandfathered into the user group you were in, and I was in the LifeMember user group.

I don't have a problem donating to this site again, but this should be cleared up just to be clear.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.