RS Warrior Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
I am also a "lifetime member".

I agree in principal with the posters questioning the fact that suddenly we seem to have lost our status.

BUT....
I am happy to pay "again" - not a problem - I too spend a lot of time here and am happy to support the site.

People spend more on beer and smokes in one evening than I have paid in my 5 years here!

However, I think it should be cleared up either way for clarity for existing AND for future members.

Helena and crew are great - but not the best communicators...
which is ironic considering the business they are in! ha ha! :D

So how about it Helena - can we have a definative announcement regarding the membership structure?

I want the "joining date" in my avatar changed to say:

"Has been a member for two lifetimes!" :)

·
Vendor
7,301 Posts
I guess I understand the concerns of the guys who have paid in the past. I cant remember if I did or not pay for lifetime membership on the old site but I know I ponied up for a couple year long memberships when Sean had it.

I am currently lucky enough to have finally come out of some of the money crises I was in over the last year or so. So, I've been feeling a little more generous lately and, as Ive said, I live here so, why not.

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
When I signed up this time (wasn't around last time) it said under the Lifetime button, "27 years."

Does everybody see that, or are they actually able to predict the exact year of my demise?

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I love this site as much as the next guy but everything i need access to is free. They give us the place but we provide the information. Last time I checked I already pay for internet.The only way I'd pay is if they restricted useage to the point where it wasn't worth signing on. who cares about avatars and signitures....really. now that i'm looking at post I gotta say the premium member logo's are distracting, all it is is bragging rights.

·
Administrator
28,390 Posts
On Sean's site, we donated to the moderators (Sean included) by name, that's why many of us lobbied every year for more guys to donate. In aggregate, over the years, once your donations rose above a certain dollar amount, you achieved lifetime status. I donated between $25 and $50 each year right up until the forum changed hands and there wasn't a way to donate anymore. It didn't matter that I had long ago surpassed the lifetime status level because like all the participating members here the mderators were laboring out of their love of the bike. Even today, they work their 'rear suspension' off for us. As hard as many of us work here, moderators and members, its not because we are getting paid, its for the love of the bike and the friendship that hangs off the e-walls like chicken poop in a coop lol. Sorry, couldn't resist, but I know you all know what I mean!

I'll have to think about this new set-up because for many of us, myself included, the fabric that binds us here might be wrinkling. But I have no trouble supporting the site, I just hope it goes to the moderators one way or another lol.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
On Sean's site, we donated to the moderators (Sean included) by name, that's why many of us lobbied every year for more guys to donate. In aggregate, over the years, once your donations rose above a certain dollar amount, you achieved lifetime status. I donated between $25 and $50 each year right up until the forum changed hands and there wasn't a way to donate anymore. It didn't matter that I had long ago surpassed the lifetime status level because like all the participating members here the mderators were laboring out of their love of the bike. Even today, they work their 'rear suspension' off for us. As hard as many of us work here, moderators and members, its not because we are getting paid, its for the love of the bike and the friendship that hangs off the e-walls like chicken poop in a coop lol. Sorry, couldn't resist, but I know you all know what I mean!

I'll have to think about this new set-up because for many of us, myself included, the fabric that binds us here might be wrinkling. But I have no trouble supporting the site, I just hope it goes to the moderators one way or another lol.
That's why I was very happy to pay for a subscription in the past -- I knew my money went to one of a couple guys who cared about this site and actually worked to maintain it. Not only that, but they help members with actual questions about our Warriors, and are/were fellow Warrior owners. All that stuff is worth a whole bunch. And, I'd also happily pay for another subscription if I thought my money would continue to support these guys.

But... I have no idea who the new owners are -- no offense meant. Do they have any interest in the purpose of this site? Do they care about me, and think about me each morning when they wake up? Don't know anything about them, except that they own and operate hundreds of online forums -- everything from cars & motorcycles, to tractors and smartphones, to cats & dogs (not kidding... guess who owns catForum.com and poodleForum.com). hahaha... It's what they do. And kudos to them! Seems like a pretty good business to be in, honestly. I may look into it myself. Seriously, no disrepect.

But, again, I'm a lot less interested in handing them some money. Just because I have absolutely zero connection with them.

Just one side of the debate. I get the other one too.... if this particular forum and its members are important enough to us (and google ads won't keep it up and running), then we'll chip in. I may. We'll see. :cool:

·
Registered
1,597 Posts

My suggestion would be make a VIP section that includes access to a politics forum, uncensored pictures forum, a requirement to post items for sale on the site, and access to special discounts with vendors. I'm sure that would get people to upgrade. I would also lower the membership prices and remove the lifetime membership opition. Also include free access to the darn app that my phone tries to download each time I access the site.
All good ideas. Show me boobs, and I'll show you money. hahahaha...

·
Administrator
28,390 Posts
Arrr me mate noise2, why be ye drivin' to obliterate the completely satisfactory lifetime membership option. To yer credit me agrees w'yer likes fer sellin' an' buyin' ads need membership in fair exchange fer pieces of eight first. Shiver me timbers and fer boobs fer sure you be tellin' truths aye! But as fer politikin' the only good politiks be them of a pirate, lest beware me hearties we send 'em away o'er-board off the plank!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
All good ideas. Show me boobs, and I'll show you money. hahahaha...
I knew someone would like that suggestion.

Most of the site features should be free. I think services where someone is making money, they can help support the site. If you are giving something away, then you should not need to pay the membership fee.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
So what's the new VIP forum about? Anything going on in there that's worth the $$$ or is it just our new life members complaining about sig pics?:confused::D;)

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
That's what I don't understand, some members who haven't donated (don't have their Gold Bar) still have sig pix, others who have donated, lost their sig pix, azz backwards?
Not that I care too much about the Wayans brothers ogling my bike,

which was my old sig, OOOOPs, red x is pic of Wayans brothers. http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa57/whajac/wc1.jpg

I presume the new owners purchased this site based on the longevity of the site, the large member base, membership increasing, forum activity, the passion shown to the Warrior, the number of non member visitors, all in the pursuit of revenue based on advertisements, page views, and push through to linked sites. Now we have the opportunity to pay $40 to get back what we had, oh and a little gold tag.

I didn't see any announcement stating the changes being made. Just our sigpix removed and basically, figure it out for yourselves.

We, the members of this site are the revenue makers for the owners! How did VB solicite the advertisers; "Look at RSW, we don't have any members, but if we let you insert your pop-up ads on our site, new membership will flourish, your page views will grow, pass through to linked sites will boom and you will sell alot more product". Or was it, "Look at our current stats; Threads: 89,755, Posts: 1,144,359, Members: 22,546, currently on line: 31 members and 104 guests. We are a worldwide forum with members all over the globe, give us your money and we'll insert your pop-up ads all over our site" Probably the latter.

The RSW members and VB are in a partnership, you are here to use our membership size and activity to produce revenue; we are here for the love of the Warrior, it's members, and our relationships. Again, the latter is what it's all about!

Oh look, I have an image in my signature which is not allowed, :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
So what's the new VIP forum about? Anything going on in there that's worth the $$$ or is it just our new life members complaining about sig pics?:confused::D;)
I was wondering the same. I am still showing being able to have 500 messages in my PM.

·
Administrator
852 Posts
I belive it is conflicting issues with the old membership. So we are starting up a new membership program and i am going to see if Richard has an old membership list hanging around so i can grandfather lifetime members into the new program.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Thank you Helena!
Yes - thank you Helen.....i actually also preferred the simple silver or gold small badge we had...less well ostentatious [that's the word for today used...phew]

if we could just keep our sig lines? - i'm quite willing to help keep the site economy afloat...for the good of us all:D

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.