RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope you all are running some type of virus scanner. There are a couple of new worms out there that have been released lately. The worms are email broadcasters, and flood the net with bogus emails.

This could be a big cause of slow response from the site.

I traced Rswarrior.com a couple of times while it was slow the last couple of days, and the response times were extremely long throughout every node. I would say every node was in the 400 millisecond range. SLOW. Actually, Rswarrior was running about normal, 100-200ms. So the net throughout has been slow.

I know you are all smart, and use protection[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

TJ

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Just keep your virus definitions updated regularly!!! An out of date virus definition is almost as good as nothing!

My company has been getting hit hard since Monday!

I would also recommend that everyone who has their email addresses in their profiles on this site to remove them! There is a virus, which has been hitting my company, that will scan your computer for email addresses in cached web pages and send the virus to it! I would also not recommend putting email addresses in posts. It will promote spam!

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
isle,
That isnt what I meant... you are fine.

I was referring to people like RivaEric, PhatPerf, etc... those guys have their email address under every post. This will, with 90% certainty, have their email addresses collected by spammerz! And it raises their chance of being sent an email by the virus I was referring to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts