RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my buddy acquired an 08 vrod. Its a beautiful bike. Anyway he wanted to do a 60 mph roll on in top gear against my warrior last night. Well he got the jump then I passed him going around buck ten before slowing done. It was nice maintaining the warriors rep.
I guess that's the difference between our torque and their hp? We both went wot but his rpms weren't high range yet. Probably diidnt hurt to have a modified Warrior either. Which all the mod ideas came from this great forum

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well done Arkansas Warrior, Im looking forward to doing the same with a friend of mine who has a Fatbob. Hopefully he'll be in my dust!!:D

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
My buddy just picked up a 04 vrod. If you beat him he doesn't know how to ride that vrod. If he kept the rpms high he would just keep walking away in each gear. The 04 came with 115hp stock and a top speed of 140mph

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Ill still put my money on the vrod with a experienced rider over a 110 warrior. My bike is no race bike by any means but I've learned to respect vrods.

·
Premium Member
7,742 Posts
Well done Arkansas Warrior, Im looking forward to doing the same with a friend of mine who has a Fatbob. Hopefully he'll be in my dust!!:D
I own both a warrior and a Fatbob. When I race myself it depends on how i feel which bike wins. If i were not racing myself and was actually racing against another driver then i would say that the warrior would probably win every time but then again I buy my bikes because I like how they look and how they feel not because they can beat other bikes in a race

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I bought my Warrior on how it looked. Never even thought about whether it would out run some other bike or not. I did not even hear it run or didn't even hear another one run before i bought it. Now with the goodies i installed in the motor, i enjoy running up against other bikes. I raced one of my friends Harley Classic with an S&S 124 motor, that was a joke, he left me like i was running out of gas.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have a friend with a 2008 HD Streetglide custom, 110" Screamin Eagle motor and mods, and honestly it does sound and look good. On a rolling start he would beat me and walk away, but when we actually did a street light stop and go I kept up, (church air intake, big shots exhaust, and pc3) but in the end he would have walked away, we hit about 110 mph before we both kinda just backed off, I would have to say a 110 warrior would do really well against a stock vrod especially, but I have only been riding for a few years.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Ive raced vrods. Lost in a straight line. Walked away in the twisties. Ive also raced a Big Dog. And by raced, i meant watched him pull away like i was still getting my gear on! I also believe it all dpeends on the rider. I just beat a sporty 1200 on my Royal Star today. He should've at least given me a run considering the difference in weight alone!

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You guys are correct at that speed in top gear the vrod didn't stand a chance. my bud set the parameters i was just happy to assit lol. Now that he is getting use to it and knows to keep the rpms up...... I wouldn't race one for pinks. But I certainly wouldn't back down. All in the rider my friends

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Ive raced vrods. Lost in a straight line. Walked away in the twisties. Ive also raced a Big Dog. And by raced, i meant watched him pull away like i was still getting my gear on! I also believe it all dpeends on the rider. I just beat a sporty 1200 on my Royal Star today. He should've at least given me a run considering the difference in weight alone!
Surprised the big dog got you that bad. I raced one, 117 motor I think, at the 1/8 mile track, never saw him start to finish, and he was a regular.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Surprised the big dog got you that bad. I raced one, 117 motor I think, at the 1/8 mile track, never saw him start to finish, and he was a regular.
Yeah i think stock came with the 117. His was bored out. Something around 130. Insanely fast!. If i had the cash and knowledge, id stuff something like that under the warrior. And i would race EVERYTHING!

·
Registered
845 Posts
One of my buddies has a Vrod and that bike is crazy fast. It sounds good too. Not your typical Harley sounds. Much throatier exhaust on it, kind of like what the Propipe does for the Warrior.

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Never had anyone ask to race me. But then I don't have any friends that have bikes either. Funny, now people just stare at my bike. Like, "What the ****?" Lol! Love it!
\m/

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
You can't go straight forever. Any one of those bikes would have been lost in the turns.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Never had anyone ask to race me. But then I don't have any friends that have bikes either. Funny, now people just stare at my bike. Like, "What the ****?" Lol! Love it!
\m/
I just don't have any friends :(

·
Registered
752 Posts
You can't go straight forever. Any one of those bikes would have been lost in the turns.
To be honest, the big dog was just as nimble add the warrior. I got a chance to ride it. One **** of a bike. But it has a two gallon tank that lasts all of 30 minutes. Also didnt help the rider is a former motorcycle racer. So between the bike and the rider, i had a snowballs chance in **** of winning. But man it was fun! Definitely helped me realize just how agile the warrior is. Plus chasing him, i got a chance to see and learn alot about cornering and taking twisties at speed. Given the chance, I'd lose again!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts