RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the Hardley Davidson website at their new VROD all because of the stupid posts on the Sons of Anarchy website from all the harley owners. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about because apparently our Japanese bikes aren't worthy of the roads here in the US. Well looking at the bike made me think hmmm. It really looks an awful lot like ours. Just my thoughts.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/2008_Campaigns/Muscle/Muscle.jsp?locale=en_US

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
It does look nice, and yes the lines look similar to the Warrior. Haven't seen one in person though.

All in, I am so happy with my Warrior! Love the thing. Love the price, the torque, the reliability, its unique nature (the fact that it's not HD), and the style (love that rear fender).

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I totally agree with you about the warrior. I don't forsee ever parting with it. Maybe someday I'll get a bagger but I don't think I will get rid of the warrior.

·
Registered
894 Posts
the muscle looks awesome IMO, but who's following who now???

i like some HDs, but i really dislike the haters on import rides. just ride, who cares right?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Do those pipes say, "Sure I'll race you! But first we have to find a road that is perfectly flat and totally straight" or what?!?! Scrapey, scrapey, when turn I makey!

(the dual exhaust is pretty cool looking though)

·
Registered
146 Posts
To tell you the truth.... I am not a big fan of the "Square Rod" looks.... I think that they did a good job with the Night Rod but, even though the "Muscle" did add a bunch of improvements to the ergos and new front end.... I just can't get past the squared up look......

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Chances are if you don't like the looks in pictures you'll like it even less in person. I was really looking forward to checking it out and had two dealers call me when they first arrived but once I saw it in person.... blech

There are a few other topics about it with several other opinions and test ride comparisons and stuff if you want to search them out.

·
Registered
370 Posts
+1 I had wanted to look at one in person and once I did I wasn't really impressed. I'll take a Victory Hammer over it anyday.

·
Registered
498 Posts
DIMENSIONS
Length
Seat Height
Laden 1
Unladen
Ground Clearance
Rake Steering Head/Trail
Wheelbase
Track Width
Fuel Capacity
Oil Capacity
Weight
Dry Weight
Running Order
Luggage Capacity
Volume
Weight
U.S. UNITS
92.8 in.

25.6 in.
26.7 in.
4.80 in.
34° / 5.60 in.
67.0 in.
N/A
5.0 gal.
4.5 qt.

640.0 lbs.
673.0 lbs.

N/A
N/A
POWERTRAIN
Engine 2
Displacement
Bore x Stroke
Engine Torque 3
Fuel System 4
Compression Ratio
Miles per Gallon 5
ESPFI
Primary Drive
Gear Ratio (overall)
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th

Liquid-cooled, Revolution®, 60° V-Twin
76.28 cu. in.
4.13 in. x 2.83 in.
86.00 ft lbs @ 6500 rpm
Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
11.5:1

42 hwy / 34 city
Gear, 117/64 ratio

N/A
WHEELS/TIRES
Wheels 6
Front
Rear
Wheel Option
Tire Size
Front
Rear

Black, 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum
Black, 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum
N/A

120/70ZR-19 60W
240/40R-18 79V
ELECTRICAL
Instruments
Indicator Lamps 7
Reverse Function

Electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock on odometer, dual tripmeter, fuel gauge with low fuel warning light and countdown feature, low oil pressure indicator light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights, tachometer
High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, security system (optional), coolant temperature, low fuel warnings
N/A
CHASSIS
Brakes
Parking Brake
Lean Angle (per SAEJ1168)
Exhaust System

4-piston front and rear
N/A
32° / 32°
Satin chrome, straight-shot side pipes
COLOR OPTIONS

Vivid Black; Dark Blue Denim; Red Hot Sunglo (New); Brilliant Silver (New)
PRICING 8
MSRP
Black
Color
Two-Tone
Custom Color
Security
Wheel Option
ABS Option
Reverse Option
Cruise Control
California Emissions
Freight

$ 17,199
$ 17,504
$ N/A
$ N/A
$ 345
$ N/A
$ 795
$ N/A
$ N/A
$ 100
$ 330

Now compare the warrior and any other japanese bike and you come out on top.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
imevh2 said:
+1 I had wanted to look at one in person and once I did I wasn't really impressed. I'll take a Victory Hammer over it anyday.

Have you test ridden both? The easy option is to just skip both those and go with the Nightrod Special.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I agree the Nightrod special is the only V-rod I would ride. Not that I would.I wouldnt get rid of my warrior for a HD anyway.The muscle is just ugly.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
slngshott said:
I agree the Nightrod special is the only V-rod I would ride. Not that I would.I wouldnt get rid of my warrior for a HD anyway.The muscle is just ugly.

+1

I wouldn't mind having a Rocker. Pretty sharp pork product IMO. It's like the Raider to me. Pretty close to what I want, but why bother. I'll go full custom first. These Warriors are just one of a kind. Way to hard to replace.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I was thinking of trading the Warrior in on a HD. Then, I would have it painted CAMOFLAUGE, then I would blend in COMPLETELY! lol

nohd4me.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Id never trade the Warrior for a NightRod, but Id trade it for a 09 StreetGlide tomorrow

(well maybe this Summer)

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
slngshott said:

+1-1/2!!!!! I agree, The Nightrod Special is the ONLY HD I would own. As for the rest, I'm still only 41 and waaaaaaaaay too young to qualify for the other Grampa bikes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts