RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what is the torque and horsepower of the VStar1100?

Also are there any hop up kits for them? Pipes, BAK, cam, etc?

Thanks...

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Reza, We actually have a VStar 1100 motor all done up in the shop right now for a dead beat customer(wanna buy it?)...I'm not 100% on all of the details, but we have done a few of them. I'll find out next week and let you know what kind of #'s they put out......but don't forget the 1100 is no Warrior.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rob, please let me know. Its for my uncle he has a VStar1100 Custom and has been complaining about getting left behind on rides with me and my brother (Harley DynaGlide).

Also if you know the numbers for the stock motor as well...

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
when you get left behind you can start enjoying the rest of the ride. unless its sex rockn roll or sex whats the hurry. wait,,,(note to myself
dont hurry sex)

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Hey Bis,

I had a v-star 1100 for a while. I think the stock hp is around 45 or 50. not sure of torque but it was fairly torquey. I put bub straights and a hypercharger a jet kit on and it helped alot with performance. It was a good looking bike (except for the shaft drive) and fun the customize. Comfortable and able to reach respectable highway speeds but certainly no performance machine.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
A friend just bought one and we rode with a Road Star and he could stay right with him so I would not be worried about a HD!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
oh yeah, these guys might have cams, pistons, etc.http://www.majorvices.com/motor.html It doesn't have the hyper or the beach bars in this pict but you can get an idea.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To be honest with you, That is one **** comfortible bike. For running an errand I would take it over the Warrior any time. I think GeeStar also had one before the Warrior and he also misses it...

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
The XVS 1100 V-Star/DragStar has 62hp and the torque is 85Nm what's that in lbs/ft?
We had people in our club who pushed the 1100er up to 190km/h or 120 mph with a kombination of dynojet/hypercharger/supertrapp.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
http://www.vstar1100.com/
a good V-star site

Fromhttp://www.motorcycle-usa.com
White Brothers Racing revealed that more than 95% of its peak torque value is available at just 2000 rpm. Torque peaks at 2500 rpm (57.5 ft.-lbs.) and remains above 50 ft.-lbs.
Its horsepower curve climbs steadily up to the 53.1-hp peak at 5800 rpm and hovers above 50 hp before the rev limiter cuts in at 6400 rpm.

·
Registered
717 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Rob Hughes

Reza, We actually have a VStar 1100 motor all done up in the shop right now for a dead beat customer(wanna buy it?)...I'm not 100% on all of the details, but we have done a few of them. I'll find out next week and let you know what kind of #'s they put out......but don't forget the 1100 is no Warrior.

around 50s ... check this out, they are in Dana Point.
http://www.pacificcoaststar.com/pcs/monster1100.htm

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
I'm not trying to offend anyone here, but in my experience bikes being left behind is almost allways a rider issue. I've ridden with a 400 twin that kept up and an 1100 Ninja that I had to wait for on my Wing.

·
Registered
717 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Meatball

I'm not trying to offend anyone here, but in my experience bikes being left behind is almost allways a rider issue. I've ridden with a 400 twin that kept up and an 1100 Ninja that I had to wait for on my Wing.

I had an 1100 for a couple of years too. It depends on how you interpret "left behind". If you put a best rider on a Vstar 1100 at the red light, and I am on my Warrior (not the best rider), then good luck, regardless of his riding ability, he will definitely be "left behind" ... "Objects do not appear on the rear view mirror"

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
It sure as **** isn't that I don't try hard off the line Geestar! I give my 1100 all it has against a Warrior - and it just isn't NEAR enough. It just marchs on by me - by HUGE strides.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Oh **** yeah!

Burnin' the tire and popping mini-wheelies!

Ya gotta love it! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts