RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The first mod I wanted to do when I got my Warrior 4 years ago was get the wagon wheel turning with the pulley. Many many mods later it may be my last. After getting a Barons steel 31 tooth pulley which has the holes already there and tapped. Thanks SuicideD_45

First I drilled the 6 holes in the oem pulley cover (wagon wheel)
Used the Barons pulley as a template

Next I cut out the back part of the pulley case cover. Not easy but with a jig saw and some dremel work it turned out nice. Then painted it with satin engine enamel which looks very close the the paint on the engine.

Then I had to do something with the center cap and JB Weld came to the rescue

I measured from the freshly installed Barons pulley to the outer edge of the case cover and the height of the pulley cover to figure what size spacers I would need. At work had 6 spacers made from a steel steel rod and raided the fastener bin for the bolts. Freebie :)
Spacers were 5/8 steel, 1-1/4" long, center bore 5/16

Pic of the cover mounted to the pulley

Here is a link to a video with a bonus audio clip of my Ripsaws with big city thunder monster baffles

wagonwheelturning.mp4 video by wiremcgyver - Photobucket

Let me know what you guys think.
Im happy with the results!!! :D

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
This mod is going to slow down your bike by 0.000000002 seconds because you increased the rotational mass of your pulley.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
This is a very nice and creative mod. I like it BETTER that the Yami accessory.

Nice write up too and you posted the results with step by step instructions, photos and video.

We need to create a mod of the month contest. And I see Warrior of the Month for you.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the positive feedback so far
All my mods are low buck mods. I try to do everything myself and buy parts off our members or ebay.
I recently got a corbin solo seat for $50 shipped on ebay mainly because it was a display at a shop and it was missing the metal mounting bracket.
I made a bracket for next to nothing and it is solid as my oem seat.:D
I have one more mod Im saving for over the winter. Not gonna spill the beans til I am in progress .

·
Registered
304 Posts
Bolt size to original post please too. I am in the middle of doing this myself but I am having a hard time finding the exact right bolt and where to find spacers that will work. I was thinking about using copper piping that slips over the bolts to work as spacers. Less rotational mass as well.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts