RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to decide what the next step I want to take on my bike over the last couple of months and I have decided I want to do body work and paint. I would really like to get some kind of front fender that wraps around the front tire, further down the back at least. The ones I am finding only go up to a 19" wheel. I need one for a 21". I definatly want it to be steel also. Also I cant decide if one of these types of fenders will still look good with the stock rear. I absolutly do not want to change it. Do you think it would look good? Something else I want to do while I am at it is put a flush mount pop-up gas cap on it. I haven't really seen this yet on a warrior. Is there a reason nobody has it done? I sent a pm the washingtonwarrior about doing one of his true fire paint jobs because I think he does an unbelievable job. I figured I could have someone local do all of the prep work and then ship them to him for paint if he is interested in doing it. Here is a side pic of my warrior. Give me your opinions please. I am really torn over what to do. Thanks alot.

By claypool782

·
Vendor
943 Posts
The fender looks good in the pic but I have never been a fan of the tall skinny tire up front. Is the tall tire just a looks thing or is there a performance reason?

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
You need a little more bling!
Haha. You gotta a nice look going on there. I like the fender as is, but it is up to you.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Nice bike. Those raked trees look good.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I think the hugger style long front fender would really give the front end of the warrior a bit more completion. That, and a headlight visor (that isn't cheap looking...)

If you have to, find a local sheet metal shop and ask them to make you one to your specs, then have it prepped and painted.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
That is an awesome looking bike! I wish my Warrior was that nice.

I would change very, very little about that machine. I am actually not a fan of chrome, so would not add any more "bling". In fact, I would get rid of the some of the chrome and go for a little darker look (the chrome fender stays and side may be too much for me (for me). The rake looks terrific. The front wheel/tire looks great. I would not lower it -- it's a performance machine.

I agree with Justice that a headlight visor is one of the next things I would look into. Keep the stock headlight (don't go for one of the little ones), but find the best-looking visor you can for it.

Do you have no mirrors at all? Can you ride without them? I love the look of the clean bars when you take the mirrors off, but I really need them there for my safety. I've been considering some quality bar-end mirrors myself, but haven't spent the money.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I first got finished I rode without the mirrors for awhile. It is completely illegal but between no baffles, no front running lights, and a verticle mount license plate(not in pic) I figured whats one more infraction. It drove me crazy after a week though so I put them back on.

What kind of headlight visor are ya'll talking about? Could you give me an example of a really good looking one.

The main thing with my front fender is I had to raise it a couple of inches when I went larger. I couldn't figure out how to do it stylishly so me and my dad just made some brackets. I think if I came up with something else I would like it better.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The 21" wheel was just because I liked the way it looks. It isn't skinny though. It isjust aswide as the stock one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts