RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into doing a custom front and rear fender on my warrior. I want to do a front fender like the one in the link. The rear will be different than the one pictured but will give you the basic idea. My question is, Do you guys think it looks good without stretching the tank to a point. I am trying to save myself a few hundred but can't decide if the tank looks right in its stock form with the custom fenders. Let me know what you think. I would rather spend the extra 500 or so if it is going to look goofy with a stock tank. I know I should decide myself but I have been looking at them like crazy and need a fresh pair of eyes. Thanks

http://www.afterhoursbikes.com/images/jet/album0.html

·
Vendor
943 Posts
You may be able to get a little more capasity if you strech the tank. IMO the front fender is the fudgely looking part of the bike. Rear fender looks straight out of jessy james or the occ shop.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think the stock tank would look fine but I would have the front of the seat modded to eliminate the" point" of the seat and have it trim up against the tank the way it is shown in the pics. Good luck with your mod....

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
I would stay stock tank wrap around rear fender with TAR and stock front fender. The warrior is a nice looking bike and changing it to much in my opinion hurts the warrior look. Keep it simple with the tins and you will be happy in the end.

·
Registered
850 Posts
i think if you are going to do custom fenders you should go all the way and stretch the tank too. you are at the point of no return now, it is funny how this stuff grows, it is never enough. i know if i had the funds i would have torn my bike apart and completely customized it. your front end looks great, it will look fine no matter what you decide.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After hearing what some of you had to stay I think I will leave the tank stock. The rear fender I am going to do will be identicle to this one.

By claypool782 at 2009-03-01

I am going to do a seat in the shape of the one in the link above that comes to a point in the back. I haven't really decided what I am covering it in yet. I like the front fender in the other link. I don't think I will have it come that far down in the back though. Probably more like 4 - 5 inches off the ground. I am either going to paint the tins black or a really dark charcoal grey. I really don't know yet. I do think I will paint the fender stays and gas cap the same color as the tins though. I have plenty of time to decide, I'm not tearing this think apart again until after this riding season. What do you think?

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
The front fender doesnt look right.It doesnt flow.Long front fender with a short rear just dont go together.The tank could go either way.This is my .02 and you have alot of time to decide what you want.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I will agree with most opinions on the front fender. Doesn't go with the Warrior. The rear that you are considering looks real nice.

·
Registered
256 Posts
i would keep the tank, it looks custom just as stock, i do get that question many of times. just go with a fender, then chanbe out the front later on but what do I know, the warrior looks good as is

1 - 10 of 10 Posts