RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,

I'm looking to install a stinger seat on my 2009. and my bike no longer has a rear seat or any of the brackets.

I need the small metal loop from the rear seat bracket.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
7,765 Posts
you should be able to make one out of some aluminum if not I can probably do one for you

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aluminum seems like a bad idea, lol. isnt that a soft metal.. this is the thing holding you in your seat, ha ha

·
Premium Member
7,765 Posts
aluminum seems like a bad idea, lol. isnt that a soft metal.. this is the thing holding you in your seat, ha ha
the frame of your bike is made from aluminum and for the stock 02.03 seat as well as the stock 04 + passenger seats the tongue that hooks under the loop is made from plastic so aluminum should be fine. You could do it in steel quite easily as well by getting some 1/2 inch wide 3/32 thick steel flat bar and bending it into shape and then grinding the width of the top of the loop down a bit

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the frame of your bike is made from aluminum and for the stock 02.03 seat as well as the stock 04 + passenger seats the tongue that hooks under the loop is made from plastic so aluminum should be fine. You could do it in steel quite easily as well by getting some 1/2 inch wide 3/32 thick steel flat bar and bending it into shape and then grinding the width of the top of the loop down a bit
your so handy! ha ha
I really not sure what to do to be honest.
i really feel like the stinger seat would add comfort and security to my rides... im always riding up on my seat.
i always liked that about the raider, how you sit in that seat. vs on....
oh i dont know what I should do.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I would just buy it new. Pretty sure it's still available to buy.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
757 Posts
Another option is go to your local hardware shop and look at small gate latches. I’ve seen heaps at my local that are just the right dimensions. I took off the manky one that was on there and replaced it with a stainless one. I think all up it cost me A$12😎😎🐝

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got any pics of said 12 dollar perfect replacemnt?

·
Registered
757 Posts
Lol it’s already sitting on my bike lol, but just for you I hobbled out and took a photograph. The only thing I had to do was place a couple of millimetres thick washers to push the tongue down a bit. Oh and I had to hammer the end bits to put a bit of a slope on it.

·
Registered
446 Posts
@ Stryder: indeed a great solution.
Did you put a piece of rubber (seal or so) between to protect the paint ?
When I mounted my luggage rack, I have used some seals/plumber stuff, kind of transparent "washers".

·
Registered
757 Posts
@ Stryder: indeed a great solution.
Did you put a piece of rubber (seal or so) between to protect the paint ?
When I mounted my luggage rack, I have used some seals/plumber stuff, kind of transparent "washers".
A great idea Thommy, I’ve been wondering what I can put there😎😎🐝

·
Registered
757 Posts
The strange part about it was that I was in the hardware store looking for something else. Sometimes I just like browsing through the store ( it’s enormous ) looking for stuff to put on my wish list. I ended up in the latch area and it was like a slap in the back of the head and bam the brain said seat bracket lolol😎😎🐝

·
Registered
446 Posts
......I was in the hardware store looking for something else. Sometimes I just like browsing through the store ....... looking for stuff to put on........
Doing this all the time, sometimes you find great stuff which looks custom made for motorbikes, but is used in living room, kitchen, on bycicles, ..... 🤪 whatever.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts