RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They do not carry Barnett Clutch cables in stock and claim it to be a "custom part" which takes 2-3 weeks to get. They also do not offer an rswarrior discount so save the time and order from another vendor like J&P.

I wish I had read the small print better because since they claim it to be a "custom" order (which it does not say "custom" anywhere in the description or title), I can't cancel it and buy it from a faster shipper.

Plus there customer service is pretty much "tough sh!t buddy."

That's fine. I will order the throttle set from J&P and not do anymore business with Phats.

Just wnated to share my experience.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Just a thought:

Are you buying standard length cables? if not then it's always going to be a "special order".

And before you tell Phats where to stick them, are you sure that J&P don't get them in to order too?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Standard length... According to my back and forth with J&P, they have/ hadsome in stock. I was trying to use Phat because it sounds like they were fairly supportive of rswarrior in the past.

Frankly, it wouldn't bother me that much if their response had not been so unhelpful and snarky. If they hadexplained theconfusion and them provided me some kind of ETA based on my order date (considering 2-3 weeks is a pretty wide range), I wouldn't really have been chapped.

I make no bones about the fact that it was my fault for not catching it but they simply list it under availability as "Will ship in two to three weeks." I am used to either in stock or out of stock for what is a pretty common part. I doubt I am the only customer ever to make that mistake through their order process. That is why I posted here. I'm not trying to get back at them but wanted everyone to know not to make the same mistake I did.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
i waited for ever for some forward controls from them, cancelled the order and went to a local mom and pop shop here in town and had them within a couple of days

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Just cancel & order elsewhere. If you used a credit card, debit cardor PayPal you can get your money back. Phat's has always given me great service but I always call first to check price and availability. I never order anything on-line without doing that first, I've had similar problems with other vendors.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have had great service from Phat. Bought serveal things from them the last two years. I own my own business and deal with out of stock merchindise from distibutors all the time. Everyone runs out of stock at some point. So just don't judge on one item. I just ordered a Barons big air kit about a month ago and got it right away. I put rswarrior in the coupon spot and got my additional discount.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
If you used a credit card, debit card or PayPal cancel the transaction. You're protected with them. I never order anything online without first checking by phone the price and delivery. Ordering on-line is just a shot in the dark.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wouldn't challenge the charge. I have spent time in the online business world and that is not fair. I screwed up so I have to pay the price. Doesn't matter right now anyway since this is a backup clutch cable. I can always vote with my wallet when it comes time to order the throttle side and any other accessories.

I have used Dennis Kirk, J&P, MotoExpressand Motorcycle Superstore in the past and had great servicethrough all of them.But again, this is simply to warn others about the shipping delay on this popular part when buying from this vendor.

I disagree that buying online is a shot in the dark. Why should we accept that in this day and age? If you want to be an online sales organization and operate your business that way, you should have some amount of responsibility for that being a reliable and enjoyable experience for your customers. If not, you ARE the exception and your customers will go elsewhere. Inever had this kind of confusion with any online purchase before.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I've never had good experience with Phats but I've heard a lot of people who have. I never buy anything from them. On-line shopping can be a crapshoot but hopefully our vendor rating section should help a little. I've had great luck with eBay but just got caught by a vendor selling counterfeit headphones. I complained to Paypal and the vendor is now off-line (probably now trading under adifferent name) and I should get a refund soon. At least there is a system with eBay. www.newenough.com has been incredible for me.....

All Barnett clutch cables are considered 'custom'. I got caught like that years ago too. I carry Fraggle1's stock clutch cable and it saved my butt in the Smokys last year:}:}

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
What I meant by "shot in the dark" is that with today's economy vendors are reducing inventory so even though it says stock, it may not be. Still a bad practice and a good reason to check stock and delivery each and every time before ordering.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I've had a bad experience with Phats and said I'd never work with them again. I've ordered the forword controls from them since. But that was cause they were a great price.I'm money smart enought to purchase where the best deal is. (200+ savings) but will not give my business or recommendation to them for anything else unless the price savings are huge.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts