RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I happen to be a magazine junkie, I have something like 12 different subscriptions to various automotive and motorcycle magazines, not to mention the 10 or so other mags I pick up on the newsstand every month....

Is it just me or is Yamaha advertising the Warrior (showing only the "pretty side" one should note) in every magazine know to man??

In no time at all we'll have 100,000 members on this forum at this rate.

Just my observations.......

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I laugh every time I see and add for the same reason you said. Not one shot of the big [email protected]@ can. I also saw an add in a HD mag about the Warrior kicking butt in the cruiser drags I thought that was funny as ****.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hey Rob, u bet, that big cannon won,t last another model year, I first noticed that in the Yamaha catologe, only pic on the left side..maybe they are not proud of the cannon!

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
I see the adds all the time too. It would be wise of the Yamaha salesmen to offer this URL to anyone interested in the Warrior.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
this months maxim mag has it , and we died when i say it in an all harley magazine "cant remember which one " i was like I would have left the page blank if it was me other than tuck my tail between my legs

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I don't see too many dealers offering this URL for one big reason...the more people use this URL - the more shopping around that they do...the more they find bikes under $10K, and the less dealers can charge $12K for theirs.

But I do think that they idea is a great one...I would be willing to drop URL cards off at all the local dealerships.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Every mag I pick up has the Liquid Silver Warrior on the rocks on the first few pages. I think that shot looks real good!

Yamaha doesnt even need a salesman for this bike! Anyone that looks at it, and is considering it, should just check this site out and ask if they should buy it from the members here. They will put money down the next day! That is why I got mine!

I may be making some RSWarrior.com cards to put on my bike for all upcoming bike events I attend. When I make them up I can mail some out to people if interested. Just let me know how many you would want via email.

Thanks!
CarKnee

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I drop the URL when ever i can!

I thought that that "CAN" wouldn't last to the 2003 model but i was wrong. I think that that is what is holding the Warrior back in sales. Little does the buyer know that how easy it is to change the look in a hurry.

One thing that I noticed about the Warrior in a hurry is that it definatly tells a different story on each side of the bike. looking at the right side, I see BIG CHROME BLOBS, which tells me --- Cadilac, or looking at the can -- Diesel motor, typical cruiser, definatly "not" performance. Looking at the left side, I see performance, sporty, muscle, mean, industrial, black and aluminium, a little bit of chrome, just enough!

I think that most everyone here will agree, that we all are trying to even up the look between the two sides. The way that i looks stock just doesn't match. I got rid of the basket of assholes, now looking at the big armor mid evil sheild and i think it has to go. I wish that yammy or someone made a scoop to match the left side scoop, I personally think that it is the best looking thing on the bike. To bad it isn't even funktional(?)!

ROB, by the way, those forced air scoops that you boys made for you warriors are bad ass looking. Kind of reminds me of the VMAX, or MADMAX look. Looks tough!! I would like something like that but, I am not really willing to give up my gas tank. I would be cool although if there was room for a larg tank under the seat like the old virago, then you could do just about anything that you wanted to the old tank. I am rambling, now cut me oFFF!!!!!

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I HAD it on my plate frame, until it fell off! My name tag is hanging on by a thread too. I need to get some crazy glue and put them back on there.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I kind of liked the fact that it wasn't advertised a lot. I like owning things that aren't so main stream. Oh well, all the more reason to do more mods.

Carknee is right. I stumbled upon this web site when I was considering another bike. Once I got into the web site and saw all of the mods and how much cooler the bike looked after the mods......I was sold. If Yamaha and dealers gave out cards with the URL, they may not be able to make as much profit on the bikes, but they would sell a whole lot more of them!!!

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Been catching their new TV commercial, have't been able to capture it on my PC yet...

Once I do, I'll send it too Washington Warrior to host. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts