RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a warrior yet, but I"m about a hairs breath from actually offering a guy money for one I saw. However, I have to say that a deal breaker for me would be not being able to put a set of saddles on it to carry stuff for trips and such. Now I've seen ALOT of pics when searching google of warriors with saddles and aftermarket pipes, is it possible to put saddles on with the stock bazooka pipe? I'm not crazy about the stocker but it is relatively quiet (have ridden warrior demo's) and don't really want a set of loud aftermarket pipes ... Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a stock Warrior that I put Fieldsheer Contour bags on it along with a Fieldsheer Expander Tailbag. This combination holds plenty of stuff and still looks cool. I don't have any pictures to show you, sorry.

Tom

·
Registered
15 Posts

Here are a couple of pics from the place I bought them. The saddlebags are on the small side, but this is more than made up for by the tail bag.

Tom

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ah okie, but i more meant did you have a pic of them on your bike .... how is the clearance? i would expect only sport bike small luggage would fit on this ... ?

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
Yamaha sells their Cruiselite bags... but to me they look cheap and small.
IMO, the best solution would be to get a saddle bag that can be attached solid to a small sissy bar. You will never lose your luggage this way. Plus, you can go with a pretty large bag while not making the Warrior look weird. T-Bags, Saddleman or Kuryakyn make a lot of great bags, in many variations.

Just take a look at the bags with sissy support sold at Dennis Kirk to get more ideas.

Let us know what you decided, I plan to buy also some bags.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ipicked the Fieldsheer Contour because they are only a 9" tall bag. There is about 2" of clearance between the bag and the pipe. I have the saddle bags mounted under the rear seat so I don't take them off. The Fieldsheer tailbag snaps right onto the saddlebags for easy removal. It is about a 20 second job to remove the tail bag. I don't use the tailbag most of the time but it is a nice option when I need to carry more stuff. No I don't have pictures of them mounted on my bike. Maybe if is nice when I get home from work I will take some.

Tom

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the info. guys anyone else welcome to chip in, i like the idea of throwing bags and and removing them for a bike like this ... tom you haven't had a problem witht the bags rubbing on the wheels or anything?

·
Registered
15 Posts
No, they come with a nice pad to prevent chaffing. They are not big enough to need a bolt on saddlebag support. I must admit, I have only had them about a month. But they have worked well.

Tom

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the pics ... bike looks gorgeous and also those bags are prolly what i will also get then ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts