RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[V]A woman at work backed into my warrior! Her car hit the front tire and knocked the bike over onto the right side. Bent the front brake lever back and got the mirror, grip, and maybe the handlebars. Dings in the Big Shots, front pegs and rear break lever. The saddle bag took some damage, but I believe it saved the paint on the bike. Will have to get it home and clean it up. Was riding last night, and have several bug guts on it. So not sure total extent of damage. She has insurance and report taken by federal police here at the VA Hospital. So hopefully some good will come of this. New chrome [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]. Just had to vent. Was heading to a bike show later tonight. Took 1st last weekend in show. Hopefully can get it somewhat presentable for tonights show.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Ouch... seems like a rash of bad luck for the Warrior clan these past weeks. Good luck getting yours quickly back up to "first-in-show condition"

·
Registered
200 Posts
I would have freaked to say the least. Did you express your opinion of her driving skills, or lack there of? Hope all works out well for ya.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Ouch that hurts. [B)] Glad to hear you weren't on the bike. At least she has insurance and fest up (or got caught) to damaging your RSW.

I've always worried about this happening to my bike in parking lots. people don't pay attention when backing up or pull in too quick to a spot that they think is free. I've riden around parking lots waiting or looking for ideal (safe) spots to park.

I've even taken to parking up on some of the sidewalks if space allows (not legal where I'm at), where the shop owners don't mind (they park their own bikes too on the SW). The large 30 screen theatre ciniplex by me, haven't bothered all the bikers that park on the sidewalk of a mini park & water fountain that's right up front of the movie theatre.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The interesting tibit about this whole mess is that my bike was parked in an area designated as bike parking. She had no business backing in to the spot. I asked if the officer gave her a ticket. He said that he might consider issuing her one. This would be a ticket from a federal officer involving federal traffic court. He is going to get back to me wanted to discuss it with a superior first. I will never park real close to another bike. It could have been dominos! New Harley next to mine was hit with my helmet. Had it sitting on the passenger backrest.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Bring it to the dealer asap and get a estimate or at least let them look at it so she doesn't try to say she didn't cause all the damage. That happened to me at one point.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Redcloud/ This same thing happened to my roome at Albany NY VA hospital. They have designated areas for MCs and the Federales Can an do give tickets! Make sure he gives her one! My buddy got payed good for the damages. But the ticket Helps.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jason, going to dealer right after work. Need to make sure she didn't mess up front fork when she hit tire also. Will do a test ride in parking lot before I take off. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sucks man. That happened to me the first night i had my bike. Except it was the wind and the wind doesn't have insurance. Luckily it only scratched the pegs and grips. so I got off lucky.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bike. On the bright side you have a nice paint job and the bike went down without hurting it. A friend of mine went into a supermarket, came out and his bike was down. Nobody had seen anything. Good thing you know who hit your bike.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Last semester, when I was at night school, I was outside smoking a cigarette waiting for class to start and I just heard KAAABLAM and the sound of plastic breaking. Looked over in the motorcycle parking area and saw a crotch rocket down with bits of broken stuff all around it and no one anywhere around -and not so much as a breeze. My girlfriend said -****!! - we better go pick it up , I said "**** no!!" that things probably got about 3k in damage to it and I sure don't wanna be touching it if this guy comes out!! There were at least 10 people who actually saw it "just go over" all by itself. No one knew the rider but we had several volunteers to wait and tell the guy what had happened. By the time I got out everyone and the bike was gone- so I dont know how bad the owner came unglued.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Sorry to hear, redcloud. Definately have the officer site her, it will help later if there is any dispute. People tend to change their stories later on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts