RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, I just purchased a 2005 Warrior and am looking to bring the stock handlebars back toward me. I have ordered Billet Handlebar Risers # STR 5PX75 70 01, which are supposed to be for various Yamaha models including all warriors. They give and extra 2.25" of rise and 1.25" of extra pullback.
That being said, If I have cable and especially brake line issues, and I find the need to get longer lines, who do you folks recommend? I am particularly concerned about the upper part of the brake line, from the master cylinder down to where it junctions with the two lower lines. Thanks for any help you can offer.

·
Premium Member
4,370 Posts
Are you sure you need longer lines?
When I put risers on my bars all I had to do was re-route them for some slack.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
You should be good. I put on the Barons 4.5" kick back risers and I was able to make everything work by just rerouting it although the brake line just barely makes it.

·
Registered
Yamaha XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
791 Posts
May be worth replacing your brake line with a braided steel one even if the old one does fit.. it's prob 16 years old by now!

·
Administrator
30,085 Posts
Plus you probably already know that when you loosen the stock riser caps enough the handlebars will rotate toward you. The cables accommodate that rotation. Does that rotation give you enough pullback? Obviously if you go too far the switch boxes will hit the tank. And at some point the grips rotate down too much for comfort. But I figured I should say something in case it's helpful to you.

·
Registered
2012 Yamaha Roadliner S Midnight
1,014 Posts
Are you sure you need longer lines?
When I put risers on my bars all I had to do was re-route them for some slack.
I concur with Hefty here. With a combination of 4" risers and 8" handle bars i was able to use all the original cable and hoses by re routing them. I didn't have any trouble until the clutch cable broke. It didn't break because it was tight fitting, it broke at the lever as I didn't notice the wearing that was happening there. So give it some thought have a look at the handle bar set up in one of my pictures so you get an idea what we are both talking about.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all, I agree that the brake hose is probably original. Want to get those risers in and dry fit them to get an idea of what is going to be involved. If I can safely re-route things, that is my preference. At that point, I'll order a new brake line hose to replace the existing one.16 years is awhile, especially in AZ.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just recently ordered and received a full set for my '07. The only place I could find that had the set as one and easily buy the +length (I got +4's) was:

Pacific Coast Star

all the other places sold by actual lengths and not as easy as the + package.. pricey and took forever to receive (custom made by Galfer (brake) and Barnett (clutch, throttle) upon order), but hopefully worth it to upgrade the old stock cables and allows me to add my new Yamaha tall risers and pullback bar I also got. Also got new poly riser bushings and grips while I was at it.. will be a whole new feel.

I've finally received everything, but haven't installed yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just recently ordered and received a full set for my '07. The only place I could find that had the set as one and easily buy the +length (I got +4's) was:

Pacific Coast Star

all the other places sold by actual lengths and not as easy as the + package.. pricey and took forever to receive (custom made by Galfer (brake) and Barnett (clutch, throttle) upon order), but hopefully worth it to upgrade the old stock cables and allows me to add my new Yamaha tall risers and pullback bar I also got. Also got new poly riser bushings and grips while I was at it.. will be a whole new feel.

I've finally received everything, but haven't installed yet.
Thanks for your lead on custom fit brake line. Just received the Yamaha Star specific riser/pullbacks yesterday.Will go to work taking the warrior apart to install them next week. Rerouting is my first preference, obviously.
However, Murphy is always lurkiing!:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts